Baked Polenta with Fresh Tomatoes and Parmesan19 Reviews
- Prep: 10 min
- Cook: 30 min
- Ready In: 40 min
“This recipe is a perfect way to highlight and use fresh summer tomatoes. It makes a great side dish for grilled chicken or pork chops.” - by rjohl
Original recipe yields 4 servings
- Preheat oven to 450 degrees F (230 degrees C). Grease an 8x8 inch baking dish.
- Place the water, milk, and butter in a saucepan and bring to a boil over medium-high heat. Add the polenta and stir with a wooden spoon until thickened, about 5 minutes. Remove from heat and stir in 1 cup Parmesan cheese and 2 chopped basil leaves; season with salt and pepper to taste. Transfer the polenta to the prepared baking dish and arrange the remaining chilled pieces of butter over the top.
- Bake the polenta in the preheated oven until bubbly and beginning to brown, 15 to 20 minutes. Remove from the oven.
- Decoratively arrange the slices of tomato over the top of the polenta, spread the remaining basil leaves over the tomatoes, and sprinkle with 1/2 cup Parmesan cheese.
- Return to the oven and bake until the tomatoes are warm and the Parmesan cheese is bubbly, 5 to 10 minutes.
Amount Per Serving (4 total)
- 428 cal
- 21.1 g
- 37.5 g
Based on a 2,000 calorie diet
Reviews (19)Rate This Recipe
"I used the already made polenta in a tube and sliced it up about 1/2 inch thick. Drizzled it with olive oil and dried basil and let it cook in the preheated over about 12 min, then added tomotoes/basi..." See morel/cheese to the top and cooked until golden. YUMMY and easy. AND FAST. A keeper"
"I would substitute olive oil in for the butter next time. It was very tasty with the butter, but I'd rather use EVOO. It seems more appropriate with tomatoes and basil. Also, I wouldn't add any sal..." See moret, since the parmesan is salty enough."
"this is a great side dish but not my idea of an entree. we did change this a bit as we were not in the mood for tomatoe this particular evening! we used 4 cheeses, havarti, parm, blue & mascarpone!! a..." See moremazingly tasty and a nice crispy edging!! we will make again!!"
Salmon with Tomatoes
Quinoa with Chickpeas and Tomatoes
Just swipe to see more like this.