Maggie's Fresh Raspberry Pie16 Reviews
- Prep: 10 min
- Cook: 30 min
- Ready In: 4 hr 40 min
“What a wonderful way to use fresh raspberries... other than picking them straight off the shrub and into your mouth! I love to serve this light, fresh dessert with freshly whipped cream.” - by Robin C
Original recipe yields 1 (9 inch) pie
- Preheat oven to 450 degrees F (230 degrees C).
- Line an unpricked pastry shell with a double thickness of heavy-duty aluminum foil.
- Bake the pastry shell in the preheated oven for 8 minutes. Remove foil; bake 5 minutes longer. Cool on a wire rack.
- Place the sugar, cornstarch, and water in a saucepan. Cook over medium heat until the sugar and cornstarch dissolve and the mixture thickens, about 10 minutes. Remove from heat and whisk in the raspberry flavored gelatin mix. Refrigerate the filling until slightly cooled, about 15 minutes.
- Arrange the raspberries evenly in the bottom of the prepared pie crust. Pour the raspberry gelatin mixture over the berries. Chill the pie in the refrigerator until set, 4 to 6 hours. Garnish with whipped cream to serve.
Amount Per Serving (8 total)
- 283 cal
- 9.3 g
- 48.9 g
Based on a 2,000 calorie diet
Reviews (16)Rate This Recipe
"I will definitely make this again. It was very good. Next time, I would probably mix the raspberries into the gelatin mixture before adding it to the crust. And my bottom crust got really soggy. M..." See moreaybe it's supposed to be that way? At any rate, no one cared because it was so good. I made two pies and they were both gone in one day. Do not forget the whipped cream!"
"I've never made a pie like this before. It turned out great! A previous comment said that the crust was soggy...just cook it longer next time. Cook until it's nice and brown. Mine turned out so good t..." See morehat I'm sure to make it again! I used frozen raspberries. "
Raspberry Pie I
Summer Fresh Raspberry Pie
Just swipe to see more like this.