Mashed Maple Sweet Potatoes33 Reviews
- Prep: 30 min
- Cook: 1 hr 15 min
- Ready In: 2 hr 15 min
“These sweet potatoes are a Thanksgiving favorite at my house.” - by JENNYWRITES
Original recipe yields 1 - 2 quart casserole
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees F (190 degrees C). Line a baking sheet with aluminum foil.
- Place sweet potatoes onto the prepared baking sheet, and bake in preheated oven until soft, 45 minutes to 1 hour. Remove from the oven and allow to cool slightly before peeling and placing into a large bowl.
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F (175 degrees C). Butter a 2 quart casserole dish.
- Mash the warm potatoes along with butter, cream, vanilla extract, brown sugar, salt, 1/2 cup maple syrup, 1 cup chopped pecans, and eggs. Spread mashed sweet potato into the prepared baking dish, and sprinkle with the remaining 2 tablespoons of maple syrup, and 1/4 cup of pecans.
- Bake sweet potatoes in preheated oven until thoroughly hot, 30 to 35 minutes.
Amount Per Serving (12 total)
- 448 cal
- 24.9 g
- 53.1 g
Based on a 2,000 calorie diet
Reviews (33)Rate This Recipe
"This is really outstanding. I have made it multiple times and have modified it to be slightly less rich. I add an extra sweet potato (5 total), cut the butter to 5 T., use just 1 T. of vanilla, add ..." See morean extra egg, and omit the 1 c. of pecans from the dish (I still use the 1/4 c. pecans on top). It is great as written, but it is still really rich & flavorful with the cutbacks."
"The best sweet potatoes I have ever tasted. Even better than my mother's. Thank you for a wonderful recipe. I will be making this for MANY years to come...." See more"
"If you leave out the eggs there's no reason to put this back in the oven. Beat the potatoes while they're hot with the other ingredients and take the dish straight to the table. I used milk rather t..." See morehan cream, as it was what I had on hand. The maple flavor really comes through!"
Maple Glazed Sweet Potatoes with Bacon and Caramelized Onions
Marjorie's Maple Vanilla Sweet Potatoes
Just swipe to see more like this.