Ambrosian Chicken10 Reviews
- Prep: 20 min
- Cook: 30 min
- Ready In: 50 min
“This is a flavorful coconut chicken with a twist! This recipe combines some of the ingredients used in traditional ambrosia salad for a tasty, baked chicken dish that is sure to please even the most discerning critics.” - by Abby'sMom
Original recipe yields 6 servings
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees F (200 degrees C). Line a large baking sheet with parchment paper.
- Toss together the panko and coconut in a bowl; set aside.
- Stir together the yogurt, almond extract, and marmalade in a large bowl. Pour half into a separate bowl, and stir in the crushed pineapple to make a dipping sauce; set aside.
- Coat the chicken strips in the remaining yogurt mixture and roll in the panko mixture. Place the chicken strips on the parchment lined baking sheet.
- Bake the strips in the preheated oven for 15 minutes, then reduce the oven temperature to 350 degrees F (175 degrees C). Continue baking until the chicken is golden brown, no longer pink, and the juices run clear, about 15 minutes. Serve the hot ambrosian chicken strips with the pineapple-yogurt dipping sauce.
Amount Per Serving (6 total)
- 408 cal
- 11.1 g
- 43 g
Based on a 2,000 calorie diet
Reviews (10)Rate This Recipe
"Loved the idea but way too much coconut and the coating stayed soggy due to the yogurt--the kids scraped off all the coating. Will make again but plan to decrease the coconut to 1/2 cup (3:1 panko to..." See more coconut ratio), coat the chicken in egg instead of yogurt, and add a bit of salt to the panko. My husband and I liked the yogurt dipping sauce but the kids not so much--they could eat without or come up with another sweet/savory sauce."
"Very Good! The only change I made was to use standard breadcrumbs, since that's what I had on hand. I was surprised how much I enjoyed the dipping sauce. A sweet meal, so be sure to pair it with ap..." See morepropriate side dishes to balance. We had basmati rice and a cucumber & tomato salad."
"This was soooooo delicious! I had stuffing on hand so I used the food processor to grind it up. I also added pineapple to the liquid mixture that you dredge the chicken through. I made two differen..." See moret chx recipes from the site at the same time. They were both good but this one got the thumbs up from my husband!"
Crunchy Chicken and Gravy
Amazing Crusted Chicken
Just swipe to see more like this.