Spinach and Mushroom Salad83 Reviews
- Prep: 15 min
- Cook: 30 min
- Ready In: 45 min
“This salad has a warm and slightly tangy bacon dressing. It's one of my family's favorite ways to enjoy a spinach salad.” - by MONIQUET
Original recipe yields 4 servings
- Place bacon in a large, deep skillet. Cook over medium high heat until evenly brown. Crumble and set aside. Reserve 2 tablespoons bacon fat.
- Place eggs in a saucepan and cover completely with cold water. Bring water to a boil. Cover, remove from heat, and let eggs stand in hot water for 10 to 12 minutes. Remove from hot water, cool, peel and cut in wedges.
- Return 2 tablespoons bacon fat to skillet, stir in sugar, vinegar, water and salt. Keep warm.
- Wash and remove stems from spinach, dry thoroughly and break into pieces in salad bowl. Pour warm dressing over and toss until coated.
- Top salad with mushrooms and bacon, garnish with egg.
Amount Per Serving (4 total)
- 126 cal
- 6.8 g
- 7.5 g
Based on a 2,000 calorie diet
Reviews (83)Rate This Recipe
"This was delicious!..." See more"
"I love this recipe. I had spinach salad at a restaurant in one of the local casinos and couldn't get enough. This recipe was every bit as good and so easy to make. You may need to adjust the sugar ..." See moreto taste. I also added some sugared pecans. Eat while hot for the best taste. Next time I think I will try it with Balsamic vinegar."
Bermuda Spinach Salad
Pati's Spinach and Boysenberry Salad
Just swipe to see more like this.