Simple Potato Salad35 Reviews
- Prep: 10 min
- Cook: 30 min
- Ready In: 40 min
“This was one of the first recipes I learned how to make. My aunt taught it to me; It's not fancy, but I like it!” - by Lisa T
Original recipe yields 3 servings
- Bring a small pot of salted water to a boil. Add potatoes; cook until tender but still firm, about 15 minutes. Drain and cool.
- Place eggs in a saucepan, and cover completely with cold water. Bring water to a boil. Cover, remove from heat, and let eggs stand in hot water for 10 to 12 minutes. Remove from hot water, and cool.
- Peel the eggs and cut around the egg white; keep the yolk whole.
- Dice the egg whites and potatoes. Combine in a mixing bowl and add the salad dressing.
- Toss the potatoes and egg; crumble the egg yolk on top and serve chilled.
Amount Per Serving (3 total)
- 557 cal
- 35.6 g
- 50.1 g
Based on a 2,000 calorie diet
Reviews (35)Rate This Recipe
"All of those reviews are just silly. If you want a potato salad with celery and onions and paprika and other things, I'm sure you can find such a recipe on this website. Why mess with one whose enti..." See morere appeal is its simplicity? Treating it as a "base" recipe is one thing, going on about all the extra things it "needs" is another. Great dish for the younger guests at summer BBQs, since lots of kids are picky about onions and things."
"Thank you! I was looking for a base potato salad recipe just to get me started so I could make it to my taste. I added a teaspoon of prepared mustard, a teaspoon of sugar, 1/2 teaspoon of vinegar, a..." See morend some browned and crumbled bacon. It was perfect."
"This is like my mother used to make and what our family still makes using Miracle Whip Salad Dressing, except we add salt and pepper to taste, finely minced onion also to taste, about a teaspoon of y..." See moreellow mustard, and mix the whole diced egg in too. Be sure to use red potatoes boiled in their skins til fork tender, then cool in cold water, peel and dice. Mixed while still warm the flavors of the dressing will really meld with the potato and hard cooked diced egg. Chill for several hours or overnight for the best flavor!"
New Red Potato Salad
Dilly Potato Salad
Just swipe to see more like this.