Rosy Refrigerator Rolls4 Reviews
- Prep: 30 min
- Cook: 15 min
- Ready In: 5 hr
“Tomato juice and mashed potatoes are the key ingredients for these rosy rolls. They are so delicious hot out of the oven with a bit of butter brushed on top.” - by Bethany O.
Original recipe yields 48 rolls
- Combine the tomato juice, water, sugar, and salt in a large bowl, stir until the sugar and salt dissolve, and sprinkle the yeast over the mixture. Let stand for 5 minutes until the yeast softens and begins to form a creamy foam.
- Mix in the eggs, shortening, and mashed potatoes, and beat in the flour to make a soft dough. Knead for about 5 minutes, until the dough is smooth and elastic, and place in a greased bowl, turning once to grease the top of the dough. Cover and refrigerate the dough for at least 2 hours or overnight.
- Line baking sheets with parchment paper, and set aside.
- Working on a lightly floured surface, divide the dough into 4 equal pieces, and cut each into 12 small pieces. Roll the pieces into balls, place the rolls 2 inches apart on the prepared baking sheets, cover with a towel, and let the rolls rise in a warm place until double, about 2 hours.
- Preheat an oven to 375 degrees F (190 degrees C).
- Bake the rolls in the preheated oven for 12 to 15 minutes, until the tops are golden brown.
Amount Per Serving (48 total)
- 101 cal
- 3.2 g
- 15.8 g
Based on a 2,000 calorie diet
Reviews (4)Rate This Recipe
"This definately will be one of my favorite recipes for rolls, even though they came out more orange than rosy. They were absolutely delicious. Good flavor and very soft and tender...." See more"
"Lovely pillows of goodness! These do come out orange - not pink at all, it doesn't matter, they taste delicious. I made 2 oz rolls and got 2 1/2 dozen rolls. Thanks for a great recipe...." See more"
Angie's Perfect Dinner Rolls
Grandma's Yeast Rolls
Just swipe to see more like this.