Warm Orange and Mushroom Salad4 Reviews
- Prep: 20 min
- Cook: 25 min
- Ready In: 45 min
“Add the grated peel from half an orange to the dressing if you want a more intense orange flavor in this salad.” - by Barrett
Original recipe yields 6 servings
- Place bacon in a large, deep skillet. Cook over medium high heat until evenly brown. Remove, crumble and set aside. Reserve bacon fat.
- Whisk together 1/4 cup bacon fat, orange juice, shallots, olive oil and vinegar.
- In a large bowl, combine the spinach and radicchio.
- Heat 2 tablespoons reserved bacon drippings in skillet over medium-high heat. Add shitake mushrooms and cook for 1 minute. Add oyster mushrooms and cook for 2 minutes. Season with salt and pepper; add to greens and toss.
- Pour dressing into same skillet and boil 2 minutes. Pour dressing over greens. Add bacon, orange segments and chopped hazelnuts. Toss to combine. Season to taste with salt and pepper. Garnish salad with enoki mushrooms and serve.
Amount Per Serving (6 total)
- 456 cal
- 33.6 g
- 30.4 g
Based on a 2,000 calorie diet
Reviews (4)Rate This Recipe
"I omitted the radicchio, added more spinach and added 2 boiled eggs and 1 chopped ripe avacado. They loved it! The hazelnuts and oranges make it! Simply delicious! A meal in itself!..." See more"
"I forgot to add the toasted hazelnuts! Was still one of the best salads I have ever had. Oh! I used half portobellos and half buttons because that's what I had on hand. I'd bet any mix of mushrooms wo..." See moreuld work well. Delicious!"
a an w
"The overall flavor of this was quite good. i didn't have enough bacon drippings and was glad i didn't. i used the 2 tablesp in the dressing(all i really had left over) and did not add any additional..." See more oil to make up for it. i cooked the mushrooms in olive oil. next time i will lessen the amount of olive oil as well, in the dressing as it was much to oily for my taste and some of the sweetness from the balsamic was lost. Also, added thin slices red pepper, sautéed with the mushroom, for additional color and texture. i served it with grilled salmon for protein."
Orange Romaine Salad
Orange Vinaigrette Brown Rice Salad
Just swipe to see more like this.