Texas Chili Beef Slices8 Reviews
- Prep: 20 min
- Cook: 45 min
- Ready In: 3 hr 5 min
“This is a mildly spicy recipe that my whole family loves.” - by Stephanie Lane
Original recipe yields 6 servings
- Sprinkle meat with meat tenderizer. Place in a shallow glass baking dish large enough to accommodate the meat. Mix together onion, garlic, vinegar, oil, Worcestershire sauce, and chili powder, and pour over steak. Marinate for 2 or more hours in the refrigerator.
- Preheat grill for medium-low heat.
- Brush grate with oil. Transfer steak to grill, reserving marinade. Cook, covered, for 30 to 40 minutes, or to your desired degree of doneness, turning once. Allow steak to rest for a few minutes off the heat.
- While meat is cooking prepare sauce. Combine reserved marinade, tomato sauce, lemon slices, brown sugar, mustard powder, and hot sauce in a medium saucepan. Simmer for 10 minutes over medium low heat.
- Slice meat across the grain. Spoon sauce over steak, and serve.
Amount Per Serving (6 total)
- 283 cal
- 13.6 g
- 12.1 g
Based on a 2,000 calorie diet
Reviews (8)Rate This Recipe
"My family LOVES this recipe! Our kids even ask for it as it's a perfect spiciness for everyone. Works great on round steak, roast, you name it!..." See more"
Slow Cooker Beef Roast
Just swipe to see more like this.