Caribbean Chicken Salad108 Reviews
- Prep: 30 min
- Cook: 15 min
- Ready In: 2 hr 45 min
“With just a few things done ahead of time, your dinner can be a breeze.” - by Marcy Dzurisin
Original recipe yields 4 servings
- Place the chicken in a bowl, and cover with the teriyaki marinade sauce. Marinate at least 2 hours in the refrigerator.
- In a small bowl mix the tomatoes, onion, jalapeno pepper, and cilantro. Cover salsa, and refrigerate.
- In a small bowl, mix the mustard, honey, sugar, oil, vinegar, and lime juice. Cover dressing, and refrigerate.
- Preheat the grill for high heat.
- Lightly oil grill grate. Place chicken on the grill, and discard marinade. Cook for 6 to 8 minutes on each side, or until juices run clear.
- Arrange mixed salad greens on plates. Spoon some of the salsa over each salad, and sprinkle with 1/4 of the pineapple chunks. Break tortilla chips into large chunks, and sprinkle over salads. Lay some of the grilled chicken strips on each salad. Finally, drizzle dressing over each salad, and serve.
Amount Per Serving (4 total)
- 443 cal
- 11.3 g
- 68.8 g
Based on a 2,000 calorie diet
Reviews (108)Rate This Recipe
"I was somewhat hesitant about this recipe since I'm not a honey-mustard fan but the flavors were great together. I did, however, substitute the pineapple juice from the can for the sugar to give it m..." See moreore of a caribbean flair, and added a bit more vinegar. It turned out great. I also added the juice of one lime (made a double batch) and one minced garlic clove to the salsa which is how I usually make homemade salsa."
"EXCELLENT. I served a salad for dinner and my husband thought it was Excellent. He said it was better than a local restaurant makes. I didn't measure the salsa and salad ingredients. I just put in ..." See morewhat looked right to me."
"This was fabulous! My husband didn't want to try the dressing but I put it on his salad anyway and he loved it. He didn't care for the salsa...he prefers the stuff from a jar but I thought it was ve..." See morery good (made with fresh cilantro from my herb garden). My kids hated it but then again they won't eat anything that doesn't come from a paper sack so "normal" children would probably enjoy it...especially if they are salad eaters."
Chicken Fiesta Salad
Best Chicken Pasta Salad
Just swipe to see more like this.