Jif® Peanut Butter Granola3 Reviews
“This crunchy granola with double peanut taste is perfect for the trail or any time your energy needs a boost.” - by Jif®
Original recipe yields 8 cups
- Preheat oven to 300 degrees F.
- In a small saucepan, combine peanut butter, honey and cinnamon; heat through. Remove from heat and stir in vanilla.
- Place oats in a large, shallow roasting pan or a 15 x 10 x 1-inch baking pan. Pour warm peanut butter mixture over oats and stir gently till oats are coated. Spread evenly in pan.
- Bake in a 300 degree F oven for 35 to 40 minutes, stirring occasionally. Turn off oven.
- Meanwhile in a small bowl, cover raisins in boiling water. Let stand for 10 minutes; drain well. Stir raisins, nuts and figs into baked mixture.
- Return to oven and let dry 1 1/2 hours, stirring occasionally. Store in covered containers.
Amount Per Serving (16 total)
- 284 cal
- 11.3 g
- 42 g
Based on a 2,000 calorie diet
Reviews (3)Rate This Recipe
"I'm a little confused that there are two Jif-sponsored Peanut Butter Granola recipes on the site, but I'm not too torn up about it, either, because frankly, neither of them are very good. This one is ..." See morenot very sweet, which is fine with me, but it's also not nearly peanut-butter-y enough. It might be better if I experimented with doubling the peanut butter mixture, but the flavor just wasn't good enough to bother with."
"Not bad granola but definitely not anywhere near the best. Does not taste very much like peanut butter at all. I will not make this again... at least not without some major adjustments...." See more"
"This is my favorite granola recipe. Its really easy and tastes great! Its also very versatile. I did use figs the first time and they were good but I usually use craisins and golden or regular raisins..." See more.. mmm. I also never use peanuts since I'm not a huge fan but roast walnuts and almonds the last 10 mins. and then mix them w/the granola at the end. You can also do this in the microwave. Put the PB,Honey, and cinnamon in the microwave for 1 min. stir it and then put it in for another 1 min. Stir in the vanilla and pour it over the oats in a large bowl. I bake it for 30 mins, stirring every 10 and it comes out great every time. (It even tastes good when I burn it!) I usually use all natural PB but I think it tastes best w/the unhealthy kind!(Both are very very good, even reduced fat PB tastes great in this)"
Just swipe to see more like this.