Goat Cheese Stuffed Lamb Burgers37 Reviews
- Prep: 25 min
- Cook: 15 min
- Ready In: 40 min
“I love making these flavorful lamb burgers stuffed with creamy, delicious goat cheese. I use basil and oregano in mine, but feel free to use your favorite herbs and spices, this recipe is very forgiving. Using fresh rosemary in the goat cheese filling will give the burgers a real Greek flavor. Serve the burgers on hamburger buns or pita bread with tzatziki sauce, or on their own with a Greek salad.” - by LeeleeCooks
Original recipe yields 6 burgers
- Heat 1 teaspoon of olive oil in a small skillet over medium heat. Cook and stir the onions in the oil until soft and translucent, about 5 minutes.
- Gently knead together the softened onions, lamb, egg, bread crumbs, garlic, salt, and pepper. Divide the mixture into 6 parts and roll into balls, then cover and refrigerate until ready to use.
- Mix together the goat cheese, extra-virgin olive oil, basil, and oregano until well combined; cover and chill for 5 minutes.
- Preheat an outdoor grill for medium-high heat.
- Working with one portion of meat at a time, make an indentation in the center of the ball with your thumb. Fill the indentation with a heaping tablespoon of the goat cheese mixture. Gently pull and form the meat patty around the cheese filling, making a burger-shaped patty. Repeat with each ball of the lamb mixture.
- Grill the patties on the preheated grill until no longer pink in the center and well done, about 8 minutes per side.
Amount Per Serving (6 total)
- 484 cal
- 31.1 g
- 15.8 g
Based on a 2,000 calorie diet
Reviews (37)Rate This Recipe
"Brilliant! I used less salt like 'Debbie L' suggested too, and i also made the middle a bidder space so it was easier to spoon in the cheese mix and then fold it over and flatten ready to grill. My ot..." See moreher half LOVED these too, and it's hard to get him to like anything!"
"Delicious and easy. My husband loved them. I used garlic and herb goats cheese and didn't add the fresh herbs to it. ..." See more"
Grilled Spicy Lamb Burgers
Maple Glazed Chipotle Goat Cheese Lamb Burgers
Just swipe to see more like this.