Grilled Shrimp and Chicken Pasta25 Reviews
- Prep: 20 min
- Cook: 45 min
- Ready In: 1 hr 5 min
“A wonderful creamy pasta in a delicious wine sauce, loaded with grilled shrimp and chicken. This recipe is similar to that of a famous steakhouse which shall remain anonymous! Don't be a 'chicken' - try it!” - by Joyce
Original recipe yields 4 servings
- In a small bowl, mix together the poultry seasoning, cayenne pepper, white pepper, onion powder, and garlic powder. Divide spice mixture in half.
- In a small skillet, melt butter over low heat. Slowly stir in cream and milk, and 1/2 of spice mixture. Continue cooking over low heat, stirring frequently, until slightly reduced and thickened to desired sauce consistency. Remove from heat, and set aside.
- Preheat grill to high heat. Meanwhile, bring a large pot of lightly salted water to a boil. Cook pasta in boiling water for 8 to 10 minutes, or until al dente. Drain, and set aside.
- In a large skillet, heat olive oil over medium-high heat. Carefully stir in wine and remaining spice mixture. Place chicken breasts in the skillet, and cook for 16 to 20 minutes, or until no longer pink in center and juices run clear. Remove from heat and set aside.
- Lightly oil grill grate. Cook shrimp on preheated grill for 3 to 4 minutes, or until slightly opaque. Serve each chicken breast on a bed of linguine topped with grilled shrimp. Ladle generously with cream sauce. Garnish with Romano cheese, if desired. Enjoy!
Amount Per Serving (4 total)
- 937 cal
- 39.2 g
- 88.5 g
Based on a 2,000 calorie diet
Reviews (25)Rate This Recipe
"This was GREAT! I did have some modifications. I saw that most reviewers were not happy with the sauce b/c it was too thin. I added about a table spoon and a half of corn starch to thicken it up. It ..." See morereally helped. Be sure to stir it well thought to get out all the chunks. I also doubled the amount of cayenne pepper b/c I really like spice food. It made the dish have a nice zing to it. If you've ever had spicy chicken and shrimp at a restaurant...this tastes just like it. I also chopped up the chicken as recommended by other reviewers. I didn't want to go through the hassle of grilling the shrimp so I cooked it along with my cubed chicken and it turned out great like that. It gives the shrimp a chance to cook in the wine and olive oil to soak up the flavors too. This is a great meal for the whole family. Enjoy!"
"I thought the recipe called for too much pasta. I also couldn't get the sauce to thicken. The recipe doesn't say to discard the wine when done cooking the chicken, it should, or did I do it wrong? ..." See moreOverall we did like it and it was better the next day but I had to make up some more sauce. Would make it again with some adjustments. We also cut up the chicken before tossing it with the pasta and sauce. Michele, Cambridge, Ontario"
Grilled Chicken and Pasta Salad
Herbed Chicken Pasta
Just swipe to see more like this.