Cola Pot Roast II700 Reviews
- Prep: 15 min
- Cook: 5 hr
- Ready In: 5 hr 15 min
“The rich brown gravy this makes is wonderful, with just a slight hint of sweetness. Everyone asks for the recipe, and NO ONE ever guesses the secret ingredient...cola!” - by Sher Garfield
Original recipe yields 8 servings
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F (175 degrees C).
- Place meat in a roasting pan. Sprinkle carrots, celery and minced garlic around roast.
- In a small bowl, combine the brown gravy mix and water, mixing into a smooth paste. Add onion soup mix, cream of mushroom soup and cola-flavored carbonated beverage. Pour over the roast.
- Cover pan, and cook 1 hour in the preheated oven.
- Reduce oven temperature to 225 degrees F (110 degrees C), and continue cooking 2 hours. Remove from oven, and turn roast over so that the top is now covered with the gravy. Cover pan, and return to oven for a minimum of 2 hours.
- Remove from oven, and let meat rest for 10 minutes before slicing.
Amount Per Serving (8 total)
- 423 cal
- 23.3 g
- 12.7 g
Based on a 2,000 calorie diet
Reviews (700)Rate This Recipe
"I only gave this recipe 4 stars for several reasons. I loved the addition of the cola. And the recipe is very easy to make. It makes the house smell great! And it is TASTY! But… 1. This recipe ..." See moredoes not serve 16 people; it serves 6-8. An experienced cook will know that, but a new bride preparing her first dinner party may not. 2. Three carrots to serve 6-8 people? I used a pound of baby carrots. I also added a medium sweet onion, quartered and separated. 3. The meat definitely needed a meat rub. I use Lysander’s™ All Natural Meat Rub. 4. To make the gravy, try using a can of Campbell’s™ Golden Mushroom Soup thinned with the drippings from the roast and use Gravy Master™ or Kitchen Bouquet™ to brown. "
"BEER INSTEAD OF COLA. This a great recipe. I like to make it with a a bottle of beer instead of cola. Also add a good sized sweet onion quartered (or smaller if it is a large onion). Add four or five..." See more red potatoes, quartered, with skin on. Increase carrots to six. Dust with flour and salt and pepper and braise on hot stove with a little olive oil before putting in the pot. Cook in crock pot for four to five hours on high, or eight hours on low. Add more beer if not enough liquid."
I'm nuts too...
"Don't let the "cola" scare you away from this recipe. In the past, every single time I add coke to a meat recipe (usually pork) it comes out sooo tender, which was the case here as well. I used a pe..." See morepsi, but I did pick up on the sweetness (I drink diet coke, so maybe that's why & I'm not a pepsi fan either) but my family RAVED about how good this was and didn't make mention of any sweetness so it was probably me. For ease I stuck this all in the crock pot on high for 4 hours. I also used cream of celery soup because that is all I had on hand & then added chopped mushrooms instead of the chopped celery. Thanks Sher, will use again, my family kept saying how good it was ;o)"
Oven Pot Roast
Garlic Top Sirloin Pot Roast
Just swipe to see more like this.