Mexican Lasagna I92 Reviews
- Prep: 10 min
- Cook: 1 hr 40 min
- Ready In: 1 hr 50 min
“Fabulous recipe using picante sauce and uncooked noodles. This recipes is a family favorite!” - by Janae
Original recipe yields 6 servings
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F (175 degrees C).
- In a large bowl, combine beef, beans, oregano, cumin and garlic powder.
- Place 4 uncooked noodles in bottom of a 9x13 inch pan. Spread half of beef mixure over noodles. Top with 4 noodles. Spread with remaining mixure, and top with remaining noodles.
- In a medium bowl, mix water and picante sauce. Pour evenly over layers. Cover tightly with foil.
- Bake 1 1/2 hours in the preheated oven, or until noodles are tender.
- Blend sour cream and olives in a medium bowl. Spoon over lasagna, and top with Jack and Cheddar cheese. Bake uncovered until cheese melts, about 5 to 10 minutes.
Amount Per Serving (6 total)
- 804 cal
- 47.7 g
- 58.9 g
Based on a 2,000 calorie diet
Reviews (92)Rate This Recipe
"I cut the amount of water in half (I thought it might end up mushy) and it worked out really well. Sometimes I add corn kernals to the mean/bean mixture. I recommened using ready-to-bake lasagna noo..." See moredles. My family loves this meal! Even my 5 year old ate her whole plate! Still tastes great heated up for lunch the next day. REMEMBER TO CUT THE WATER FROM 2 CUPS TO 1 :)"
"This is exactly like our family recipe, and it is a hit every time, with everyone who's ever had it. My favorite thing about it is that it is SO simple. You don't have to brown beef, or cook noodles..." See more ahead of time - just put it together and pop it in the oven! I always make it exactly like instructed. One tip to make it even simpler - instead of measuring out or buying the spices, just add a packet of taco seasoning mix."
"We loved this recipe! It was an instant hit. I did make the suggested changes, used 1 cup of water and added cheese at each level. My husband hates olives, so we added black beans instead and it tas..." See moreted great! We also added HOT taco seasoning to the beef and pre-cooked the beef because we like spicy recipes. It was wonderful!"
Mexican Lasagna Chip Dip
Mexican Lasagna with Cactus
Just swipe to see more like this.