Garlic Lover's Shrimp and Green Bean Salad16 Reviews
- Prep: 20 min
- Cook: 15 min
- Ready In: 2 hr 5 min
“Marinated shrimp and green beans come together in a garlic rosemary sauce to create an unforgettable salad. This dish is great for entertaining since it is even more delicious the next day.” - by cristi_nita
Original recipe yields 4 servings
- Place garlic cloves, 1/4 cup olive oil, key lime juice, rosemary, and 1/2 teaspoon garlic salt into a blender; puree until smooth. Combine shrimp and marinade in a resealable plastic bag. Marinate at least 30 minutes in the refrigerator.
- Place an oven rack in the topmost position and preheat oven on the broil setting.
- Pour the shrimp and their marinade onto a baking sheet lined with aluminum foil. Broil in preheated oven 3 to 4 minutes per side until the shrimp are opaque. Once cooked, pour everything into a bowl and place into refrigerator.
- Meanwhile, bring a large pot of lightly salted water to a boil. Add green beans and cook for 2 to 3 minutes, until tender; drain and rinse with cold water. Drain excess water from the chilled beans and place into a large bowl.
- Heat remaining 1/4 cup olive oil in a large skillet over medium heat. Stir in minced garlic and onion, cook until the onion has softened and turned translucent. Pour the oil over the beans, add shrimp mixture, and toss. Season with garlic salt, and pepper; mix well. Cover and refrigerate at least 1 hour. Mix in crumbled feta before serving.
Amount Per Serving (4 total)
- 374 cal
- 31.3 g
- 13.7 g
Based on a 2,000 calorie diet
Reviews (16)Rate This Recipe
"Fantastic! I give out very few 5 star ratings, but this one deserves it. I usually don't tinker with recipes the first time I make them, but the directions seemed rather redundant with too many sepa..." See morerate steps. So here's what I did: I marinated the shrimp for about two hours (it was the fully cooked, peeled, deveined, frozen kind that I thawed under cold water), sauteed the garlic and onion in a bit of oil, added the beans after a couple minutes, than added the shrimp when the beans started to be crisp-tender. After about five minutes in the skillet, I transferred all to a bowl which I placed in the freezer to cool quickly. At first bite, I thought it might be better warm, but I had forgotten the feta. With the feta added, this was a wonderful cold salad! The garlic was not overpowering and the rosemary was a really nice subtle flavor. Thanks for sharing this recipe!"
"Excellent combination of ingredients. Like some others I sautéed the shrimp (I like to play with my food when cooking) and steamed the beans. I splashed in 3 or 4 tablespoons of stock after combining ..." See moreall of the ingredients. We were too impatient to wait for it to chill so had it warm. It was delicious and since there was a little leftover we'll get to try it the way it was meant to be eaten too. I can hardly wait to try it with beans fresh from the garden."
"Loved it! I added thin sliced red onion and some large cherry tomatoes cut in half. Only used 2tblspns of evoo and the juice of a whole lime, salt and fresh cracked pepper and a garlic clove crushed f..." See moreor the dressing. I really liked the feta with the beans which I steamed. Very healthy and will make again! Thanks!"
Green Bean and Asparagus Salad
Crisp Green Bean Salad
Just swipe to see more like this.