Tuna and Goat Cheese Stuffed Tomatoes6 Reviews
- Prep: 45 min
- Cook: 27 min
- Ready In: 1 hr 12 min
“My neighbor delivered a very large bag of his summer tomatoes, and I didn't want them to go to waste. I experimented with the stuffing mixture until my husband loved this combo. Easy, tasty, satisfying, and a good choice for hot summer nights!” - by Linda Glenn
Original recipe yields 6 servings
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F (175 degrees C).
- Cut a thin slice off the top of each tomato, and gently scoop out pulp and seeds, leaving a 1/2 inch wall. Finely dice 1/2 cup of the pulp and set aside. Season the inside of each hollowed tomato with pinches of salt and pepper.
- Mix reserved diced tomato pulp, goat cheese, mascarpone cheese, tuna, red onion, cucumber, mushrooms, red pepper, celery, garlic, and sesame seeds in a large bowl.
- Scoop mixture into tomato shells up to the top of each tomato. Place on a foil-lined baking sheet.
- Sprinkle each tomato with sunflower seeds, Parmesan cheese, garlic salt, onion powder, salt, and pepper. If desired, sprinkle each tomato with parsley flakes and Worcestershire sauce.
- Bake in the preheated oven for 25 minutes, then broil right before serving until tops are lightly browned, about 1 to 2 minutes.
Amount Per Serving (6 total)
- 367 cal
- 26.3 g
- 11.9 g
Based on a 2,000 calorie diet
Reviews (6)Rate This Recipe
"I am super stingy with 5 star ratings, so you know I think this is awesome. The worcestershire sauce takes it over the top, so I wouldn't call it an "optional" ingredient...." See more"
"Yummy!! Didn't have goat cheese or mushrooms, but they still turned out awesome and everyone loved them!!!..." See more"
Pesto, Goat Cheese, and Sun-dried Tomatoes Quiche
Just swipe to see more like this.