Steak and Rice46 Reviews
- Prep: 10 min
- Cook: 20 min
- Ready In: 30 min
“A meal in itself. A spicy beef and bell pepper combo served over a bed of rice. This recipe is an instant favorite and economical, too.” - by Christine Ropeter
Original recipe yields 4 to 6 servings
- Trim any fat from round steak and slice meat into thin 2 to 3 inch long strips. Remove the seeds and core from the green bell pepper, and slice into thin 3 inch long strips.
- In a large frying pan over medium to high heat add oil and cook meat until medium rare, add peppers and continue cooking until meat is browned.
- Reduce heat to simmer and add tomatoes, soy sauce, garlic powder, black pepper and ginger. Cover and simmer 10 minutes.
- Dissolve bullion cube and corn starch in 2 cups water and stir well before adding to simmering beef. Cover and simmer 10 minutes, stirring occasionally, until sauce resembles the consistency of gravy. Remove from heat and serve over a bed of rice.
- To cook rice: In a saucepan, bring 2 cups of water to a boil. Stir in 1 cup of rice. Cover and reduce heat to a simmer. Simmer for 20 minutes.
Amount Per Serving (4 total)
- 619 cal
- 23.3 g
- 54.2 g
Based on a 2,000 calorie diet
Reviews (46)Rate This Recipe
"I made one adjust in this recipe I used one can of Italian diced tomatoes and one regular I normal don’t like to change a recipe until the second time I make it but I ran short in my pantry and made d..." See moreo with what I had (to lazy to run down to the store). That being said this dish was quick easy and very good. This is one of those that is easy to customize to ones own taste"
"This was really good. Here were my modifications: I added a red bell pepper, a sliced onion, and about 4 cloves of garlic along with the bell pepper. I used 2 15 oz cans of whole tomatoes, and cut u..." See morep the tomatoes myself. I only added 1-1/3 cup of water along with the bullion, and used 3 TBS of the cornstarch. I used about 1/3 tsp of ground ginger as we are not real crazy about this spice. It sure made a lot, and it was really really good. As others said, the next day it was even better with the melding of the flavors. The only thing is that next time, I will use a more tender cut of steak (vs the london broil which I used). The meat was kind of tough. But the flavor was excellent!!!! Good find."
Steak and Kidney Pie II
Kicky Steak Strips with Rice
Just swipe to see more like this.