Roasted Vegetable and Beef Stew26 Reviews
- Prep: 1 hr
- Cook: 1 hr
- Ready In: 2 hr
“This is a very substantial beef stew that is enhanced by roasting to the vegetables prior to adding to the stew. I have perfected it over the years and my family and friends love it. Serve over steamed rice or noodles.” - by lisamarie
Original recipe yields 4 to 6 servings
- Preheat oven to 450 degrees F (230 degrees C). Place beef cubes in a metal roasting pan and stir in 2 tablespoons olive oil. Put in the oven, on the middle rung and cook for 30 minutes, turning occasionally, until brown and tender.
- Meanwhile, put onions, mushrooms, carrots, potatoes, celery, and garlic in a roasting pan. Stir in 2 tablespoons olive oil. Place in oven underneath beef. Bake for 35 to 40 minutes, stirring occasionally, until tender. Remove both beef and vegetable mixture from oven.
- Remove beef from roasting pan and set aside. Place roasting pan, on medium high heat. Add wine and bring to a boil, scraping up the bits of drippings, stirring. When the bottom of the pan is clear of all browned pieces, remove from heat.
- Put beef and wine mixture in a Dutch oven and stir in beef broth and add bay leaf and tomato paste. Bring to a boil. Reduce heat and simmer, covered, for 40 minutes.
- Add 2 tablespoons flour to cooked vegetables and toss until all vegetables are coated. Add vegetables to beef stew. Simmer, covered, for 20 minutes, or until vegetables are heated through and tender. Serve hot.
Amount Per Serving (4 total)
- 1047 cal
- 55.2 g
- 82.3 g
Based on a 2,000 calorie diet
Reviews (26)Rate This Recipe
"I thought this was a very rich and hearty stew. Once you cut up all the meat and vegetables it was a snap to put together. I added an extra can of broth and a little extra wine in for a little more ..." See moresauce. Make sure you serve with some nice bread to sop up all the delicous gravy."
"This is the most delicious stew. Easy and quick to make. I have added other vegetables such as sweet potato, parsip, and turnip and it makes it even more interesting and delidious..." See more"
Spicy Beef Vegetable Stew
Beef and Vegetable Stew
Just swipe to see more like this.