Beef Pot Pie I24 Reviews
- Prep: 1 hr
- Cook: 1 hr
- Ready In: 2 hr
“This recipe has everything - beef and vegetables in a thick, savory sauce served up in pie pastry. Nothing in the frozen food isle comes close to this recipe!” - by Terri
Original recipe yields 1 - 9 inch deep dish pie
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F (175 degrees C).
- In a large skillet, cook bay leaf, oregano, onions and mushrooms in olive oil until soft. Stir in garlic, carrots, celery, potatoes, and meat.
- Cook and stir for 10 minutes, or until meat starts to brown. Pour in wine. Bring to a boil, and reduce heat to simmer. Simmer for 35 to 45 minutes.
- Place in pie dish, sprinkle with parsley, and cover with pastry. Brush with egg whites.
- Bake at 350 degrees F (175 degrees C) for 45 minutes to 1 hour.
Amount Per Serving (6 total)
- 861 cal
- 57.7 g
- 53.4 g
Based on a 2,000 calorie diet
Reviews (24)Rate This Recipe
"This is really very good - with a flavor that's suprisingly complex for a pot pie. I was looking for a way to use up some leftover steak and this definitely fit the bill. I took the advice of the pr..." See moreevious reviewers and added about half a can of beef broth with the wine, then thickened the liquid with cornstarch right before baking. Will definitely make this one again!"
"It is a little time consuming but it was worth it. I believe the previous person used phyllo dough instead of puff pastry. I used the puff pastry and I also added 1/2 cup beef broth. Then I added 2 t..." See morebls butter along with 1/4 cup cream. Gave it a richer flavor. Thanks"
Jambalaya Pot Pie
Just swipe to see more like this.