Grilled Chicken and Artichoke Soup3 Reviews
- Prep: 50 min
- Cook: 40 min
- Ready In: 1 hr 30 min
“This zesty soup is perfect for a cold, blustery day. Use rotisserie chicken instead of chicken breasts to make things simpler if you like. Serve this hot with some fresh garlic bread for the perfect meal.” - by ruthietoothie9
Original recipe yields 8 servings
- Place the dried mushrooms into the boiling water and set aside until softened, about 20 minutes. Once softened, squeeze excess water from mushrooms and finely chop. Reserve the mushroom-flavored water.
- Preheat an outdoor grill for medium-high heat and lightly oil grate.
- Season chicken breasts with salt and pepper. Grill chicken breasts until no longer pink in the center, about 6 minutes per side. Once cooked, set aside.
- Pour chicken broth into a large pot, and bring to a boil over high heat. Stir in sun-dried tomatoes, tomato paste, and reserved mushroom liquid. Reduce heat to medium-low, and simmer for 15 minutes.
- Meanwhile, heat the olive oil in a large skillet over medium heat. Stir in garlic and onion, and cook until the onion has softened and turned translucent, about 5 minutes. Stir in the chopped mushrooms, artichokes, pepper, parsley, lemon juice, and white wine. Bring to a boil over high heat, then reduce heat and simmer 10 minutes; add to the simmering chicken broth.
- Slice the grilled chicken breasts into strips and stir into the simmering soup. Sprinkle with Parmesan cheese before serving.
Amount Per Serving (8 total)
- 263 cal
- 12.1 g
- 17.6 g
Based on a 2,000 calorie diet
Reviews (3)Rate This Recipe
"Don't let my initial 4 star (WAIT.. it is a 5 star but, 4 star as a result of my OWN lack of ingredients.... rating detour you from trying an exceptional recipe. I followed directions EXCEPT I used m..." See morearinate artichokes! Guess what, VERY GOOD but not perfect as I imagine the recipe should and could have been. I used 26 ounces of drained, marinated, artichoke hearts and the result was very good. It would have been FANTASTIC if I had compensated for the marinated artichokes by eliminating the white wine and lemon juice due to the marinade! This is a great recipe; just make sure you follow the directions and, as the first reviewer suggested, you may want to reduce the artichokes by half but, if you LOVE THOSE ARTICHOKES... go for it! Thank you for a great recipe!"
"I liked the flavours and consistency of the soup but would consider adding only one can of artichoke hearts next time and maybe a potato or two instead of the second can. I found the soup too salty as..." See more well, even though I used reduced-sodium chicken broth. I would consider making my own broth next time, but the recipe already requires a lot of prep time."
"I did not care for this recipe. I like to make a point of following each recipe exactly the first time, and this was no exception. Since it did not specify marinated, I bought simple canned artichoke ..." See morehearts. In Step 5, there is absolutely no way all these solid ingredients with so little liquid will produce something that will boil. It turned out as a big, dry glob I could sauté for a bit, and then add to the broth. The final product was one unsatisfying meal."
Mexican Chicken Soup
Asian Chicken and Corn Soup
Just swipe to see more like this.