Irish Cream Brownies72 Reviews
- Prep: 20 min
- Cook: 30 min
- Ready In: 1 hr 20 min
“These brownies look impressive, but are very easy to make. You may substitute Kahlua® for Irish Cream, if desired. They always disappear quickly at potlucks!” - by KimW
Original recipe yields 24 brownies
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F (175 degrees C). Grease a 9x13 inch baking pan.
- Stir together the brownie mix, the 1/2 cup Irish cream liqueur, vegetable oil, and eggs. Spread in the prepared pan.
- Bake in the preheated oven until the top is dry and the edges have started to pull away from the sides of the pan, about 30 minutes. Remove from oven to cool completely on a wire rack.
- Place the milk, 2 tablespoons Irish cream liqueur, and coffee in a small, microwave safe bowl. Microwave on High until the mixture boils. Set aside to cool completely.
- Beat the butter and confectioners' sugar with an electric mixer in a bowl until smooth. Add the vanilla extract and the cooled Irish cream mixture, and beat well. Spread evenly over the cooled brownies. Sprinkle evenly with the toffee bits.
Amount Per Serving (24 total)
- 276 cal
- 14.2 g
- 34.4 g
Based on a 2,000 calorie diet
Reviews (72)Rate This Recipe
"What a great way to dress up an ordinary boxed brownie mix. I've made something similar in the past, only I'd make a Chocolate Irish Cream Frosting and while I do think it's good, I have to say this f..." See morerosting is better! Nice contrast between the light frosting and the dark chocolate brownie. It is a lovely frosting, buttery, fluffy and with just a hint of the Irish cream. I also like the idea of the sprinkling of toffee bits, for which I used crushed Heath bars instead. This is, overall, creative and delicious but the frosting, in particular, shines. I plan to remember this one and use it to frost a layer cake in the future!"
"These brownies are spectacular! I often find brownies with frosting too overwhelmingly sweet, but this frosting is a superb complement to the fudgy brownie. It is light, fluffy and perfectly flavore..." See mored with just the right amount of Irish Cream and coffee. I used a Ghirardelli Triple Chocolate Brownie mix but the frosting was the star. I cannot wait to wow my brownie loving friends with this recipe!"
"These were very good! The frosting is very sweet, but has a good Irish Cream flavor. Next time I will make half the frosting because you only need to skim the top of the brownies to enjoy the taste of..." See more the frosting as using the full amount was too sweet for me. I also substituted Kahlua for the brewed coffee in the frosting. After I brought the Irish Cream liquor, milk, and Kahlua to a boil in my microwave, I put in fridge to cool and thicken. I did not have a problem with runny frosting at all. It was the perfect consistency. I used a potato peeler and a Hershey bar to make chocolate curls on top. Will make again and again!!"
Irish Cream Bundt Cake
Irish Cream Sugar Cookies
Just swipe to see more like this.