Heavenly Cinnamon Rolls17 Reviews
- Prep: 45 min
- Cook: 30 min
- Ready In: 2 hr 15 min
“A great substitute for those heavy, buttery cinnamon roll recipes. This one will blow you away. Just remember that the dough before the first rising may be a bit sticky, but not adding any more flour at this point guarantees a fluffy masterpiece.” - by Goodeats
Original recipe yields 12 rolls
- Stir 1 tablespoon of the sugar and the yeast into the warm water in a small bowl. The water should be no more than 100 degrees F (40 degrees C). Let stand for 5 minutes until the yeast softens and begins to form a creamy foam. Whisk together the cinnamon and 2 tablespoons sugar in a small bowl; set aside.
- Beat together the eggs, applesauce, salt, and the remaining 1 tablespoon of sugar in a large bowl. Stir in the yeast mixture. Beat in half of the flour mixture until no dry spots remain. Stir in the remaining flour, a 1/2 cup at a time, mixing well after each addition to form a sticky dough. Turn it out onto a lightly floured surface and knead until fairly smooth but still sticky, about 8 minutes.
- Lightly oil a large bowl, then place the dough in the bowl and turn to coat with oil. Cover with a light cloth and let rise in a warm place (80 to 95 degrees F (27 to 35 degrees C)) for 30 minutes. Grease a 9x13 inch baking pan.
- Deflate the dough and turn it out onto a lightly floured surface. Roll the dough into a 16x20 inch rectangle. Spread the honey over the dough; sprinkle evenly with the cinnamon sugar and raisins. Beginning with the long side, roll the dough tightly into a log shape, and pinch to seal the seam. Cut into 12 equal size pieces. Place the rolls into the prepared pan cut side up. Cover the pan with a damp cloth and let rise until doubled in volume, about 30 minutes.
- Preheat an oven to 350 degrees F (175 degrees C).
- Bake in the preheated oven until golden brown, about 30 minutes.
Amount Per Serving (12 total)
- 240 cal
- 1.4 g
- 50.6 g
Based on a 2,000 calorie diet
Reviews (17)Rate This Recipe
"GENIUS!!! Absolutely the scummiest Cinnamon Rolls!!! Followed the recipe to the letter and they turned out light & fluffy as promised. The WHOLE family (3yrs - 30yrs) loved them and as they have no bu..." See moretter I enjoyed an extra one :) So glad I made a double batch!!! Swapped Raisins for Choc Chips in half batch, the result was absolutely wicked!!! Teya in Aus"
"These are very light and fluffy when you eat them! I followed the recipe except I didnt add raisins. They are scrumptious! I added a powdered sugar glaze once they cooled down a bit...." See more"
Classic Cinnamon Rolls
Frosted Cinnamon Rolls
Just swipe to see more like this.