Mexican Mocha Bundt Cake11 Reviews
- Prep: 15 min
- Cook: 40 min
- Ready In: 1 hr 5 min
“This recipe is simplified using boxed cake mix. It becomes delicately moist and rich, spiked with a hint of coffee-flavored liqueur. It's amazing, with pockets of melted chocolate chips and a ribbon of vanilla cream. Ideal served with whipped cream sprinkled with cinnamon, or vanilla bean ice cream.” - by AIMEEBOZ
Original recipe yields 1 cake
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F (175 degrees C). Grease and flour a Bundt pan.
- Combine 1/2 package of vanilla pudding mix with 1 cup of milk in a bowl, and set aside.
- Place 1/2 package of vanilla pudding mix, cake mix, vegetable oil, eggs, 1 cup of milk, cinnamon, coffee liqueur, and 1 tablespoon instant coffee granules into a mixing bowl. Beat with an electric mixer on low until just combined, about 30 seconds, then beat on high for 2 minutes. Gently fold in the chocolate chips.
- Pour half the batter into the prepared cake pan. Spoon the vanilla pudding in an even layer over the top of the batter, sprinkle with 1/2 tablespoon of instant coffee granules, and cover with the rest of the batter.
- Bake in the preheated oven until a toothpick inserted into the center of the cake comes out clean, 40 to 45 minutes. Let the cake cool in the pan for 5 minutes, and invert onto a plate. Cool for 5 more minutes, and dust with confectioners' sugar.
Amount Per Serving (16 total)
- 337 cal
- 16.9 g
- 42.9 g
Based on a 2,000 calorie diet
Reviews (11)Rate This Recipe
"Great cake! I've made this twice in the last 2 weeks. The first time, I had a little trouble with my pudding layer and part of the cake fell on it - still yummy, but not so cute (became lovely cake ba..." See morells!). Make sure your pudding is in a *thin*, even layer. I loved the cinnamon-coffee flavor of this and will definitely make it again. Both times my cake took 55 minutes to bake - something to keep in mind. Thanks for the recipe!"
"This was a fantastic cake, very moist! I did add 1 tsp of cayenne pepper for a little more spice, everyone that tried this cake loved it! I wasn't sure how the pudding center was going to turn out, bu..." See moret is was excellent. This recipe is a definate keeper! Thanks for sharing. "
Mocha Bundt Cake
Vodka Mocha Bundt Cake
Just swipe to see more like this.