Herbed Pork and Apples177 Reviews
- Prep: 1 hr 20 min
- Cook: 2 hr 30 min
- Ready In: 10 hr 50 min
“Whenever I make this roast for company they always ask for the recipe. I have also made this with a pork tenderloin and it comes out great!” - by PMCHAPMAN
Original recipe yields 14 servings
- In a small bowl, combine the sage, thyme, rosemary, marjoram, salt and pepper. Rub over roast. Cover, and refrigerate roast for 6 to 8 hours, or overnight.
- Preheat oven to 325 degrees F (165 degrees C).
- Place roast in a shallow roasting pan, and bake in the preheated oven for 1 to 1 1/2 hours. Drain fat.
- In a medium bowl, mix apples and onion with brown sugar. Spoon around roast, and continue to cook for 1 hour more, or until the internal temperature of the roast is 145 degrees F (63 degrees C). Transfer the roast, apples and onion to a serving platter, and keep warm.
- To make the gravy, skim excess fat from meat juices. Pour drippings into a medium heavy skillet. Stir in apple juice and syrup. Cook and stir over medium-high heat until liquid has been reduced by half, about 1 cup. Slice the roast, and serve with gravy.
Amount Per Serving (14 total)
- 358 cal
- 21.1 g
- 21.3 g
Based on a 2,000 calorie diet
Reviews (177)Rate This Recipe
"Michelle, this recipe is FABULOUS!! I cooked it today for 8 guests and they were so impressed!! The flavors were wonderful, I did marinate it overnight and the only change I made was to the gravy......" See moreI too added a pork based gravy mix to the drippings, Juice and syrup, this thickened and extended it. I also doubled the gravy portion knowing that my guest were big on gravy...so glad I did, they loved it!!! Contrary to what some people said, no one thought the gravy was too sweet, might have something to do with the brand of juice and syrup one uses. Anyway, I could go on, but just wanted to thank you for helping me out with a very successful dinner party. Jan"
"I have made this 4 times now and it always gets rave reviews. I use a pork tenderloin roast and prepare it the day before. I rub it with all of the herbs and spices (salt, pepper, fresh garlic) and ..." See morethen wrap it up tightly in plastic wrap and keep it in the frig for about 24 hours. I let the roast cook for about 45 minutes, then add the apples and onions and let it cook for another hour to an hour and a half. I do use a meat thermometer. I spoon the apples and onions into a serving dish, put the roast on a platter, and then put the roasting pan on the stove and make the gravy right in that so that I get all of the drippings/flavor. In addition to the listed ingredients, I add a package of brown gravy mix and it works just great. I always think I will have left overs, but there is rarely enough left for a second meal!"
"My family loved this! I did have to change it a little. I didn't want to cook it in the oven I wanted to do it in a slow cooker so I got out the frozen roast ( I used a Boston Pork Roast) and rubbed..." See more the seasonings all over it then put it in the slow cooker. Then let it cook for about 5 hours on low. Then added the apples, onion and sugar and cooked 1 more hour. I made the gravy as directed. My family absolutly LOVED it! I will make this again!"
Cheesy Pork Chops with Spicy Apples
Golden Pork Chops
Just swipe to see more like this.