Shrimp Croquettes1 Reviews
- Prep: 15 min
- Cook: 15 min
- Ready In: 30 min
“These crispy, crouton coated shrimp balls are great served along with soy sauce, ketchup, or chile sauce for dipping.” - by PAWLI5
Original recipe yields 8 croquettes
- Preheat an oven to 350 degrees F (175 degrees C).
- Place the cubed bread onto a baking sheet, and bake in the preheated oven until dry and golden brown, about 10 minutes. Remove and cool.
- Meanwhile, mince the cod and shrimp and place into a mixing bowl along with the beaten egg whites. Sprinkle in the cornstarch, salt, pepper, and ginger. Mix well, and form into 8 balls. Roll the balls in the toasted bread cubes and set aside.
- Heat oil in a deep-fryer or large saucepan to 350 degrees F (175 degrees C).
- Fry the balls 4 at a time until they turn light, golden brown, about 2 minutes. Drain on a paper towel-lined plate. Once the second batch of croquettes has been fried, return the first batch to the hot oil, and fry again until deep, golden brown and the croquettes are no longer opaque in the center, drain on paper towels while frying the second batch.
Amount Per Serving (4 total)
- 432 cal
- 24.5 g
- 27.2 g
Based on a 2,000 calorie diet
Reviews (1)Rate This Recipe
"This should really be called fish balls instead of shrimp croquettes. A croquette is usually a cone shaped product. This is formed into balls and also uses cod. It is impossible to roll the balls in t..." See morehe cubed bread. Use bread crumbs instead."
Japanese Style Deep Fried Shrimp
Easy Breaded Shrimp
Just swipe to see more like this.