Southwest Appetizer Cheesecake19 Reviews
- Prep: 20 min
- Cook: 1 hr 10 min
- Ready In: 5 hr 50 min
“This is a beautiful appetizer, and always a crowd pleaser. Spread this cake on crackers or serve with corn chips.” - by SDFGARCIA
Original recipe yields 1 9-inch springform cake
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F (175 degrees C).
- Combine crushed tortilla chips and melted butter in a small mixing bowl. Press mixture into a 9-inch springform pan to form the crust.
- In a large mixing bowl, combine cream cheese, Colby-Jack cheese, cottage cheese, eggs and green chile peppers. Spread this mixture evenly into the crust.
- Bake for 1 hour. When finished baking, remove cake from oven and let cool 5 minutes.
- Combine the jalapeno dip and 8 ounces sour cream in a small mixing bowl. Spread this mixture over the cheesecake to cover any cracks. Return to cake the oven and bake 10 minutes.
- Remove the cake from the oven and let it cool for at least 4 hours. When cooled, dollop remaining sour cream on top of the cake (in the center). Arrange the tomatoes, black olives, and green onions around the sour cream in concentric circles.
Amount Per Serving (20 total)
- 274 cal
- 23.3 g
- 7.8 g
Based on a 2,000 calorie diet
Reviews (19)Rate This Recipe
"I made this but with some changes based on another recipe for a similar appetizer because of the reviews saying it is too bland. I mixed 1/2 a package of taco seasoning mix into the cream cheese mixtu..." See morere before baking, used canned, diced green chiles instead of jalapeno dip, 2 cups of "Mexican Blend" grated cheese and no cottage cheese. I added the remaining taco seasoning to the sour cream topping. It smelled sooooooo good while baking, I could hardly stay out of it! Served with tortilla chips, it went over very well at the potluck I took it to. Everyone is also impressed by how pretty it is with the rings of black olive, tomato and green onion arranged on top. I think a way to avert the soggy bottom crust might be to prebake the crust lined springform pan in the oven for 10 minutes or so. I am going to try that next time."
"This was ok, nothing I would rave about. It has a lot of ingredients for the final effect. If I made it again I would leave out the tortilla chips, by the next day they were soggy!..." See more"
"To avoid the soggy crust problems, I simply greased the springform pan, then dusted it with dry breadcrumbs. I then served it with crackers and tortilla chips, rendering a crust unnecessary. I subst..." See moreituted sharp cheddar for the Colby. I mistakenly purchased a can of jalapenos instead of mild green chilis - I ended up using about half the can. It added a bit of zip, but the rest of the filling really tempered it. Everyone I served it to asked me how I could cram so much flavor into a little bite, so it was well-received!"
Sun-Dried Tomato Cheesecake Squares
Just swipe to see more like this.