Chicken Pot Pie Soup with Toasted Almonds8 Reviews
- Prep: 25 min
- Cook: 40 min
- Ready In: 1 hr 5 min
“I love pot pies, and this recipe turns out so yummy, I always get compliments when I make it.” - by Lisa
Original recipe yields 6 servings
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees F (200 degrees C). Place frozen puff pastry shells, top-side-up on an ungreased baking sheet 2 inches apart.
- Bake shells in preheated oven until puffed and golden-brown, 20 to 25 minutes. Remove to cool on a wire rack.
- Meanwhile, melt 2 tablespoons of butter in a large pot over medium heat. Stir in the cubed chicken, and cook, until firmed and no longer pink in the center, about 10 minutes. Remove chicken meat and set aside.
- Pour in the chicken broth and bring to a boil over high heat. Reduce heat to medium, and whisk in the chicken soup base, thyme, and parsley. Mix together the softened butter and flour in a small bowl to form a paste. Whisk this paste into the simmering soup, and cook 10 minutes or until thickened.
- Stir in the cooked chicken, mushroom pieces, peas and carrots, cream, and toasted almonds. Return soup to a simmer, and cook a few minutes until hot. Ladle soup into serving bowls, and top with puff pastry to serve.
Amount Per Serving (6 total)
- 522 cal
- 33.1 g
- 27.6 g
Based on a 2,000 calorie diet
Reviews (8)Rate This Recipe
"Made this recipe for the *RECIPE GROUP* it was delicious!!! :) I loved it soooooo much! Will be making it again- thanks!..." See more"
"Absolutely excellent! Only difference, I put the pastry at the bottom of the bowl before the soup went in. ..." See more"
"Made this almost as written- no major changes and it was deliscious. I left out the mushrooms ( the guys wont eat em..) and parboiled some fresh carrots since I did not have frozen ones. I did roll a ..." See morepie crust out flat and bake it till golden, and added pieces of that to the bowl since the crust is always the best part to me! WIll definitely make this again!"
Chicken Pot Pie II
Deep-Dish Chicken Pot Pie
Just swipe to see more like this.