Sausage, Bacon, Apple and Cornbread Stuffing31 Reviews
- Prep: 30 min
- Cook: 1 hr 10 min
- Ready In: 1 hr 40 min
“This is a great, moist stuffing recipe that uses cornbread and white bread along with sausage, bacon, mushrooms and apples. It is my favorite dish at Thanksgiving!” - by JakesMom311
Original recipe yields 12 servings
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F (175 degrees C). Lightly grease 9x13 inch baking dish.
- Place the cubed cornbread and bread stuffing mix into a large bowl. Set aside.
- Place the chopped sausage links and ground sausage in a skillet; cook and stir over medium-high heat until evenly browned. Drain, and place sausage into a bowl. Using the same skillet, cook the bacon over medium heat until evenly browned. Drain bacon on paper towels. Drain excess bacon fat from the skillet. Stir the cooked sausage and bacon into the cornbread mixture.
- Using the same skillet, cook the celery and onion over medium heat until transparent and tender, about 5 minutes. Stir into the cornbread mixture.
- Stir the mushrooms, parsley, and apples into the cornbread mixture. Season with salt, pepper, and sage. Pour enough chicken broth over the cornbread mixture to moisten thoroughly, and toss to distribute evenly. Spoon the mixture into the prepared baking dish.
- Bake in preheated oven until top is toasted and the center is firm, about 45 minutes.
Amount Per Serving (12 total)
- 476 cal
- 19.7 g
- 53 g
Based on a 2,000 calorie diet
Reviews (31)Rate This Recipe
"Made this for thanksgiving. Increased cornbread and decreased dry bread mix as I had cornbread to use up - would do this again next time. I also added a handful of cranberries which made it look beaut..." See moreiful. I also used more sausage links and less sausage meat as that is how I could buy them, again the links were a huge hit and people have requested more next year! I assembled the dry ingrediants the day before and just added the broth on the day. It made enough to stuff the turkey and have a large casserole dish to bake up. It was a huge hit and will now be on our families 'official' thanksgiving recipe list! Delicious"
"DELICIOUS!!! I added a couple of handfuls of Craisins and used more like 32 ozs of chicken broth, but this is the BEST stuffing recipe I have ever had. It's going into my permanent holiday recipe coll..." See moreection! :)"
"I followed this recipe exactly and it was tasty. However next time, I will use sausage with a little more punch like andouille to add some spice. I made this recipe the day before Thanksgiving (minus ..." See moreadding the chicken broth) and it turned out the same as those that were made on the same day. I used up both cans of chicken broth."
Cranberry, Sausage and Apple Stuffing
Apple and Sausage Cornbread Stuffing
Just swipe to see more like this.