Twice Baked Sweet Potatoes4 Reviews
“These twice baked tubers are both sweet and spicy.” - by Andrea
Original recipe yields 4 servings
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees F (200 degrees C).
- Place potatoes on baking sheet and bake until just softened, about 1 hour. Allow to cool for 15 minutes.
- Slice off 1/2 inch lengthwise from tops of potatoes. Scoop out pulp, leaving 1/4 inch thick shells. Reserve 4 shells; discard remaining 2. Mash pulp.
- In a small skillet, melt butter over medium heat. Add onion; cook until softened, about 8 minutes. Add brown sugar, zest, salt, cumin, cinnamon, pepper and allspice. Cook until sugar melts, about 2-3 minutes.
- Combine onion mixture with mashed sweet potatoes. Stir in sour cream and cilantro.
- In bowl with mixer on high speed, beat egg whites until soft peaks form. Gently fold whites into sweet potato mixture.
- Spoon or pipe mixture back into shells. Place on baking sheets; bake until filling is just set and tops begin to brown, about 15 to 20 minutes.
Amount Per Serving (4 total)
- 335 cal
- 14.7 g
- 46.5 g
Based on a 2,000 calorie diet
Reviews (4)Rate This Recipe
"I prefer either plain baked sweet potatoes or with brown sugar and marshmellow. some folks might enjoy this. I didn't and won't make again even though we love yams and sweet potatoes...." See more"
"For me, I think there was just too much going on. The sweet of the potatos, the savory of the mixture and the citrus of the orange peel was just...overwhelming. Guess I prefer something a little mor..." See moree simple for my beloved sweet taters."
Baked Sweet Potatoes with Raisins and Pecans
Baked Sweet Potato Sticks
Just swipe to see more like this.