Bacon Wrapped Water Chestnuts III106 Reviews
- Prep: 40 min
- Ready In: 1 hr 15 min
“Delicious bacon wrapped water chestnuts.” - by Beth
Original recipe yields 8 to 10 servings
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees F (190 degrees C).
- In a medium-size mixing bowl, combine brown sugar, Worcestershire sauce, and ketchup.
- Cut bacon in half. Wrap one slice of bacon around each chestnut. Secure the bacon with a toothpick. Arrange the water chestnut wraps in a 9x13 inch baking dish.
- Bake the water chestnut wraps for 10 to 15 minutes.
- Remove from water chestnut wraps from the oven and drain some of the grease out of the pan. Pour the sauce over the wraps.
- Bake for 30 to 35 more minutes.
Amount Per Serving (9 total)
- 403 cal
- 22.9 g
- 44.6 g
Based on a 2,000 calorie diet
Reviews (106)Rate This Recipe
"These are awesome. I found the secret of making them super crispy, after reading all the reviews. I put the bacon wrapped waterchestnuts on a wire rack over a 9X 12 baking pan, and baked them until t..." See morehey were crispy...then I put the sauce over...yum. Incredible appetizer."
"I've made these twice now over the holidays and they were a hit both times. I did follow the recipe exactly and it's a very quick and easy appetizer to put together. I few things to mention though....." See more.you do have to cook them longer than the recipe states (about 45 minutes for us) and it's important that you use a really big (preferrably shallow) baking dish to allow the sauce to spread out. If your dish is too small, the chestnuts will just boil in the sauce resulting in limp bacon."
"I found that you can cut the bacon in thirds instead of half. Cutting the sauce recipe in half works too. I marinated the water chestnuts for a 1/2 before wrapping them in the bacon. It gave them mor..." See moree flavor. Then i used the marinade to baste them before cooking. Draining the fat off during cooking time helped alot too."
Bacon Water Chestnut Rolls
Water Chestnuts Wrapped in Bacon
Just swipe to see more like this.