Apple and Feta Pan Fried Pizzas16 Reviews
- Prep: 32 min
- Ready In: 35 min
“Feta cheese, fresh thyme and apples are delicious together on lightly fried pizza dough.” - by teri denlinger
Original recipe yields 8 small pizzas
- In a medium bowl, combine contents of the pizza dough package and 1/2 cup hot water. Stir vigorously, about 25 strokes. Set the bowl in a warm place (about 85 degrees F, or 35 degrees C) for 5 minutes. Turn dough onto floured board, divide the dough into 8 small sections. Knead the dough and shape it into rounds.
- Preheat the oven to 300 degrees F (150 degrees C).
- In a large skillet, heat the olive oil. Add the dough and fry until the dough is lightly browned, flipping once to brown on both sides. Once cooked, place the circles on a cookie sheet. Sprinkle the feta, red onion, and thyme on top of the circles.
- Bake the pizzas until the feta begins to brown, about 10 to 12 minutes.
- While the pizzas bake, in the previously used skillet, heat 1/2 tablespoon of butter and a few sprigs of thyme. Mix the apples into the skillet, and cook until the apples are soft and golden. Lay the apples on top of the pizzas, season with pepper, and serve.
Amount Per Serving (8 total)
- 277 cal
- 15.8 g
- 28 g
Based on a 2,000 calorie diet
Reviews (16)Rate This Recipe
"This recipe- as it stands- works very well. It's almost professional, in fact- something that I could see served as a restaurant appetizer. A couple of suggestions, here- do make fresh pizza dough and..." See more _do_- fry it, as suggested. Do not deep fry, but pan fry. The dough takes on a completely different texture and flavor that really supports the flavors. I would suggest, also, sauteeing the apples until just done- and if they are not very sweet, adding a little sugar to bump that up. The apples should be _just_ on the sweet side. Finally, I would strongly consider blending the feta with a little bit of oil and spooning it on_top_ of the apples before baking. Feta cheese doesn't always melt very well. Making a sort of spread out of it will help enormously."
"Not a fan of frying anything, I opted to bake the dough. I put the apples and thyme on before baking, and then sprinkled the feta after baking. The cheese melted good and nice, and the flavors comple..." See moremented each other beautifully!"
Avocado Feta Salsa
Egyptian Feta Cheese Omelet Roll
Just swipe to see more like this.