Gorgonzola and Wild Mushroom Risotto27 Reviews
- Prep: 20 min
- Cook: 25 min
- Ready In: 1 hr 15 min
“This savory, well balanced risotto with dried chanterelles and Gorgonzola cheese works well as a main course.” - by Rebcamuse
Original recipe yields 4 servings
- Cover chanterelle mushrooms with hot water, cover, and set aside to soften for 30 minutes. Once soft, remove the mushrooms from the water and chop; discard water.
- Melt butter along with truffle oil in a large saucepan over medium-high heat. Add the onion, shallot, and garlic; cook and stir two minutes until the onion begins to soften. Add the fresh mushrooms, and continue cooking until the mushroom softens and begins to release its liquid. Stir in the chopped chanterelle mushrooms, and cook 3 minutes more.
- Add Arborio rice; cook and stir for a few minutes until the rice is well coated with the onion mixture and looks glossy. Stir in the white wine, and cook until nearly evaporated.
- Reduce heat to medium, and add 1/3 of the hot chicken stock. Cook and stir until the chicken stock has been mostly absorbed, about 5 minutes. The risotto should be simmering gently while you stir in the chicken stock. Add half of the remaining stock, and stir for 5 minutes more. Finally add the remaining stock, and continue cooking until the risotto is creamy and the rice is tender, about 5 minutes more. The rice should not be completely soft, but still have a little firmness when you bite into it. You can add a little water if needed to cook the rice to this state.
- Remove the risotto from the heat, and stir in the heavy cream and Gorgonzola cheese. Season to taste with salt and pepper, and serve.
Amount Per Serving (4 total)
- 545 cal
- 7.7 g
- 91.3 g
Based on a 2,000 calorie diet
Reviews (27)Rate This Recipe
"this was great! we made a few changes: fresh chanterelles (1 cup), no cream, and double the gorgonzola. We used black truffle oil instead of white. Served with cabernet sauvignon, crusty bread and a..." See more salad, this was a gourmet meal. For the lazy cooks out there like me, 12 oz. of arborio rice is 1.5 cups, and one quart of stock is 4 cups. Next time I will add a bit more garlic."
Creamy Mushroom Risotto
Just swipe to see more like this.