Delmonico Potatoes23 Reviews
- Prep: 30 min
- Cook: 1 hr 15 min
- Ready In: 13 hr 45 min
“This is a cheesy-sour cream sauce and grated potato casserole.” - by MARBALET
Original recipe yields 7 servings
- Bring a large pot of salted water to boil, place potatoes in the boiling water. Let potatoes cook until they are just becoming tender, approximately 8 to 10 minutes. Refrigerate the potatoes overnight.
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F (175 degrees C).
- Grate the potatoes. In a small bowl, combine 1 teaspoon parsley, 1 teaspoon salt, 1/4 teaspoon pepper, 1 tablespoon minced onion, and 1/2 of the butter or margarine. In a separate small bowl, combine sour cream and milk.
- Layer 1/2 of the grated potatoes into the bottom of the prepared baking dish. Sprinkle the dried spice mixture over the layer of potatoes. Pour 1/2 of the sour cream and milk mixture over the potatoes and butter layers. Top this layer with 1/2 cup of processed cheese spread. Repeat the layering process one more time.
- Bake the casserole for one hour.
Amount Per Serving (7 total)
- 531 cal
- 29.9 g
- 53.4 g
Based on a 2,000 calorie diet
Reviews (23)Rate This Recipe
"Loved these!! I made half the recipe but cheated & used frozen shredded hashbrowns. I used 5 cups(frozen, NOT thawed) for 1/2 the recipe. I also halved the salt & pepper on top of halving the recipe(s..." See moreo actually quartered the salt & pepper, I suppose:), just for personal taste. I didn't layer-just mixed everything up together. They were sooooo good!! Using the frozen hashbrowns, it looked very dry going into the oven but it baked up creamy & delicious!"
"Wonderful, I love it. One of my fave restaurants serves this as one of their potato choices. It works fine with frozen shredded hashbrowns or the ones from the refrigerator section. Less work and time..." See more. No need for layering this, I mix everything together, pour it in a baking dish, and stick it in the oven."
"Oh, where do I begin with this recipe?! They are absolutely delicious, but I can't give it a full 5 stars because some of the ingredients in the ingredients list do not match up with the ingredients i..." See moren the directions which made the recipe very unclear to me. First, it says butter...well, is it melted butter or softened or what? I used melted. Then it said to mix the butter with the spices, but then it says to sprinkle the 'dry' spices over the potatoes, so that's confusing. Then it says to grate the processed cheese, so I assumed Velveets(R), but in the directions it says to pour on the processed cheese sauce...huh???? What I ended up doing was taking all the ingredients and doing what I thought was right which was mixing the melted butter (I used light) with the spices (only using 1/2 of the salt) and onions. I also 1/2'd the sour cream/milk mixture (I used light sour cream and fat free milk) and was glad I did, as it would've been too much, IMO, and I used light Velveeta(R) that I shredded. The result was a fantastic potato dish that I will definately make again! Thanks for sharing. :)"
Cheesy Potatoes I
White Potato Dressing
Just swipe to see more like this.