Grandma's Sweet Hubbard Squash Custard Pie18 Reviews
- Prep: 20 min
- Cook: 1 hr 45 min
- Ready In: 2 hr 35 min
“This recipe was handed down from my Grandma. I have tweaked it to spice it up some! It is a unique addition to any Thanksgiving celebration and holds its own against pumpkin pie any day!” - by Living Well
Original recipe yields 1 - 9 inch pie
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees F (200 degrees C). Line a large baking sheet with aluminum foil.
- Arrange squash on lined baking sheet. Roast in preheated oven until the skin is browned and flesh is tender, about 45 minutes; allow to cool before handling. Remove flesh from squash using a spoon.
- Reduce temperature setting on oven to 375 degrees F (190 degrees C).
- Place 2 cups of squash in a food processor and process until smooth. Add the brown sugar, eggs, cream, apple pie spice, salt, and butter; process until smooth.
- Pour the squash mixture into the pie crust. Bake until the filling rises, about 1 hour.
Amount Per Serving (8 total)
- 327 cal
- 18.4 g
- 36.9 g
Based on a 2,000 calorie diet
Reviews (18)Rate This Recipe
"I made this recipe because it was the only hubbard squash recipe listed, and I had obtained one randomly. This tastes like a pumpkin pie, if I had to compare it to something. Very tasty! I used 1ts..." See morep of cinnamon and .5tsp nutmeg for the apple pie spice. I also used evaporated milk instead of cream, and it turned out fine. Mashing the squash was good enough, I avoid pureeing whenever possible. Nice to see good squash recipes listed. Thanks! "
"As most of the reviewers for this one I came about a hubbard squash by inheritance. This is somewhat like a pumpkin pie but its darker and the taste is a bit different. Its not real sweet but sweet en..." See moreough to be enjoyable. We really liked it. Under the circumstances I inherit another one of the squashes this is the first thing I will make with it. "
Grandaddy's Sweet Potato Meringue Pie
Creamy Sweet Potato Pie
Just swipe to see more like this.