Flat Iron Steak with Mushrooms21 Reviews
- Prep: 15 min
- Cook: 15 min
- Ready In: 30 min
“Pan seared flat iron steaks are served with mushrooms and shallots in a balsamic red wine sauce. I like these steaks because they are tender, but not so lean that they get tough if you over cook them.” - by your mom
Original recipe yields 3 steaks
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees F (175 degrees C).
- Heat the oil in a large skillet over medium heat. Cut the flat iron steak into individual portions if needed. Season with salt and pepper on both sides. Fry the steaks until browned on each side, 2 to 3 minutes per side. Remove from the skillet and place in an oven proof dish. Set steaks in the oven to continue cooking.
- Add shallots and whole cloves of garlic to the hot skillet. Cook and stir over medium heat until shallots are starting to brown. Add mushrooms to the pan; cook and stir until they shrink some, 5 to 10 minutes.
- Pour the balsamic vinegar into the pan with the mushrooms and stir to remove any bits that are stuck to the bottom of the skillet. Pour in the red wine and simmer for a few minutes over medium heat.
- Return the steaks to the skillet and cook until the internal temperature reaches 135 degrees to 140 degrees F (60 degrees C), about 5 minutes if at all. Remove the whole pan from the heat and let stand until steaks reach an internal temperature of 145 degrees F (63 degrees C), or your desired degree of doneness.
Amount Per Serving (3 total)
- 567 cal
- 33.6 g
- 18.1 g
Based on a 2,000 calorie diet
Reviews (21)Rate This Recipe
"I slivered the garlic which gave it more flavor. This could be a little more saucy. Next time I'll add some broth or stock and finish it with butter...." See more"
"My family just devoured this meal, not a drop left in the pan! I did cut back on the balsamic to 1/8 cup and I added more wine and used 1/2 teaspoon of 'Better than Bullion' to the sauce. I left my st..." See moreeak whole and cooked it about 5-8 min. longer in the oven. I then sliced with my electric knife and served on egg noodles. So easy to make. Will do again and again!"
"YUMMMMMMMM!!!!!! I left out the mushrooms (didn't have any) and added large chunks of onion. Used a sprinkle of Nature Season while cooking the meat and onions. Otherwise I followed exactly. This was ..." See moredelicious! The whole family liked it! I may have liked a little more sauce with the finished product, but it was not dry at all and had a delicious flavor throughout! I will use mushrooms next time...and there will certainly be a next time!!!! Thanks!!"
Spicy Flat Iron Steak Rub
Flat Iron Steak with Mushroom Sauce
Just swipe to see more like this.