Pumpkin Pot De Creme4 Reviews
- Prep: 15 min
- Cook: 45 min
- Ready In: 9 hr 45 min
“This gourmet dessert is a wonderful alternative to the Thanksgiving standard of pumpkin pie. I like to offer 2 desserts for that day. This one can be made the day before, freeing up valuable time on Thanksgiving Day for other preparations. These melt in your mouth.” - by redforever
Original recipe yields 6 servings
- Preheat oven to 325 degrees F (165 degrees C).
- Combine the whipping cream, 1/4 cup sugar, cinnamon, ginger, nutmeg, cloves, pumpkin puree, and the vanilla bean pod and seeds in a saucepan over medium-low heat; bring to a simmer; stir in the rum. Remove from the heat cover and stand 15 minutes.
- Beat together the egg yolks and 2 tablespoons sugar. Stir in 2 tablespoons of the cream mixture. Pour the egg yolk mixture into the saucepan with the cream mixture to make a custard; stir; simmer 3 to 5 minutes.
- Arrange 6 ramekins in a shallow baking dish. Pour the custard evenly into the ramekins. Pour boiling water into the baking dish to half-way up the sides of the ramekins. Loosely cover the baking dish with aluminum foil.
- Bake in the preheated oven until the custard is nearly set with a dime-sized circle of jiggly liquid remaining in the center of each ramekin, 25 to 40 minutes. Allow to sit, loosely covered with aluminum foil, another 30 minutes.
- Cover each ramekin with plastic wrap; chill in refrigerator overnight. Top each custard with pecans and maple syrup to serve.
Amount Per Serving (6 total)
- 491 cal
- 40.4 g
- 30.3 g
Based on a 2,000 calorie diet
Reviews (4)Rate This Recipe
"A very nice autumnal dessert. I had to cook it in the oven for about 55 minutes to get it to firm up. I'm not a big fan of maple syrup so I substituted caramel sauce. Seemed to be a hit...." See more"
"I am making this recipe for Thanksgiving -- but direction #5 does not indicate if they should be taken from oven and allowed to sit another 30 minutes, or remain in oven? Maybe turn oven off and let ..." See moresit another 30 minutes? Directions aren't clear -- I would think remove from oven and allow to sit??"
"Very good. I baked mine about 45 minutes turned the oven off and let them set in there for about 15 minutes then removed them from the oven. Loved the toasted pecans and maple on top. If I made this a..." See moregain I think I would whip up a little bit of whipped cream for the top as well. Thanks for the recipe!"
Easy Pumpkin Cream Trifle
Pumpkin Pie Ice Cream
Just swipe to see more like this.