Thanksgiving in a Dish6 Reviews
- Prep: 20 min
- Cook: 25 min
- Ready In: 45 min
“This recipe is great any time of the year--especially when you are craving Thanksgiving dinner without all the work and the dishes! Use either chicken or turkey to make a great meal by combining all of the holiday's favorites into one casserole.” - by Nicole Burdett
Original recipe yields 8 servings
- Preheat the oven to 325 degrees F (165 degrees C). Grease a 9x13 inch baking dish.
- In a large bowl, stir together the seasoning packet from the stuffing, hot water, and 1/4 cup butter until butter is melted. Stir in stuffing just until moistened. Let stand for 5 minutes.
- Melt 3 tablespoons butter in a large skillet over medium heat. Add the celery and onion; cook and stir until tender. Mix in the cooked turkey, and season with celery seed, garlic powder, salt, and pepper.
- Spread a layer of stuffing over the bottom of the prepared baking dish. Top with the turkey mixture, then spread a layer of mashed potatoes over everything. Cover with aluminum foil.
- Bake for 15 to 20 minutes in the preheated oven, until heated through.
Amount Per Serving (8 total)
- 349 cal
- 16.5 g
- 30.2 g
Based on a 2,000 calorie diet
Reviews (6)Rate This Recipe
"I was looking for a recipe for my lunch box using up the Thanksgiving leftovers. I used my leftover roast chicken, homemade dressing and mashed potatoes. My dressing was well seasoned so I left out ..." See morethe onion, celery seed and garlic. I also added a few tablespoons of homemade chicken broth over the dressing, a few pats of butter on top of the potatoes and a layer of frozen green beans (precooked in boiling water until almost done to make sure they would be fully cooked in the dish). I usually get tired of leftovers after 2 or 3 days but looked forward to this at lunchtime for the whole week. This one stays in my recipe file."
"At first I was turned off by everything all together but, when I tried it I was floored! It's everything I love in one bowl and FANTASTIC!! It was easy and fun to make. Thanks so much for the post..." See more! Everyone should try this one! I only changed two things about this recipe - I left out the celery because of personal taste and also left out the celery seed and garlic seasoning because I used Jennie-O Cracked Pepper seasoned turkey and it didn't need anything else."
Easy Tater Tot Hot Dish
Tater Tot Hot Dish II
Just swipe to see more like this.