Chocolate Chip Toffee Bars35 Reviews
- Prep: 15 min
- Cook: 40 min
- Ready In: 55 min
“These rich cookie bars are filled with nuts, chocolate chips, and crunchy toffee bits.” - by EAGLE BRAND®
Original recipe yields 2 dozen bars
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F. Coat 9x13-inch baking pan with no-stick cooking spray.
- In large bowl, stir together flour and sugar. Cut in butter until mixture resembles coarse crumbs. Add egg; mix well.
- Stir in 1 1/2 cups chocolate chips and nuts. Reserve 1 1/2 cups mixture. Press remaining crumb mixture onto bottom of prepared pan. Bake 10 minutes.
- Pour EAGLE BRAND® evenly over partially baked crust; reserve 1/4 cup toffee bits. Sprinkle remaining toffee bits over layer pan. Sprinkle reserved crumb mixture and remaining 1/2 cup chocolate chips over top.
- Bake 25 to 30 minutes or until golden brown. Sprinkle with remaining 1/4 cup toffee bits. Cool completely. Cut into bars. Store covered.
Amount Per Serving (24 total)
- 308 cal
- 15.4 g
- 31.9 g
Based on a 2,000 calorie diet
Reviews (35)Rate This Recipe
"I've been making these every Christmas for years and are my most requested cookie. They are awesome! Since they don't make Skor bits anymore, I buy regular Skor candy bars and crush them in a ziploc b..." See moreag--you will need 7-8 candy bars for this(Rite-Aid pharmacy usually has them on sale for 4/$1.00 before the holidays)."
"I made a few alteration on this bar and it turned out fantastic! First I doubled the crumb mixture. I found I did not have eonough to coat the bottom of the 13 x 9 pan and have some for the topping...." See more Next, I used a whole bag of toffee chips. I found heath chips at WalMart. I covered the layer of milk with toffee chips. I used slivered almonds in these bars to give it a "candy bar" apeal and taste. On top of the whole thing I used 1/4 bag of chocolate toffee bits. Man were they rich but melt in your mouth yummy. "
"I thought these were good although I had a hard time getting them out of the pan. You definately have to let them cool completely before taking them out of the pan. Very rich and chewy. Even though I ..." See morethought these were tasty they remained untouched at my Christmas get together. No one was interested in them but me!"
Brownie Chocolate Chip Cheesecake
Chocolate Mint Cheesecake Bars
Just swipe to see more like this.