Traditional Peanut Butter Pie1 Reviews
- Prep: 20 min
- Cook: 15 min
- Ready In: 35 min
“Everyone will want to save room for this creamy triple-layer peanut butter pie.” - by EAGLE BRAND®
Original recipe yields 1 (9-inch) pie
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F. In small bowl, cut peanut butter into confectioners' sugar until crumbly; sprinkle into pie crust.
- In large saucepan, mix sweetened condensed milk, egg yolks, water and pudding mix; cook and stir until thickened. Cool slightly; stir in sour cream. Spoon into prepared pie crust.
- In small bowl, beat egg whites with cream of tartar with electric mixer until soft peaks form. Gradually beat in sugar, 1 tablespoon at a time; beat 4 minutes longer or until sugar is dissolved and stiff glossy peaks form.
- Spread on pie, sealing carefully to edge of crust to prevent meringue from shrinking.
- Bake for 15 minutes or until golden brown. Cool. Chill. Store leftovers covered in refrigerator.
Amount Per Serving (8 total)
- 626 cal
- 26.9 g
- 60.6 g
Based on a 2,000 calorie diet
Reviews (1)Rate This Recipe
"I am a cook NOT a baker. I was a little worried when I saw the picture-it looks kind of yellow. This pie turned out good! It is layered and the middle layer IS yellow! I do not have a pie plate so I d..." See moreid the store bought, regular size pie crusts. I followed the directions exactly and divided it between the two crusts! It turned out great but the layers are thinner!"
EAGLE BRAND(R) Peanut Butter Fudge
Chocolate Peanut Butter Swirl Fudge
Just swipe to see more like this.