Restaurant-Style Potato Skins264 Reviews
- Prep: 30 min
- Cook: 7 min
- Ready In: 37 min
“A wonderful appetizer for you and your family to enjoy.” - by Misty
Original recipe yields 6 servings
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees F (190 degrees C). Lightly grease a 9x13 inch baking pan.
- Pierce potatoes with a fork. Microwave the potatoes on high until they are soft; approximately 10 to 12 minutes.
- Cut the potatoes in half vertically. Scoop the inside out of the potatoes, until 1/4 inch of the potato shell remains.
- Heat oil to 365 degrees F (180 degrees C) in a deep fryer or a deep saucepan. Place the potatoes in hot oil, fry for 5 minutes. Drain potatoes on paper towels.
- Fill the potato shells with cheese and bacon bits. Arrange them in the prepared baking pan.
- Bake for 7 minutes, or until the cheese is melted. Serve hot with sour cream.
Amount Per Serving (6 total)
- 519 cal
- 32.8 g
- 40.9 g
Based on a 2,000 calorie diet
Reviews (264)Rate This Recipe
"These are good, but here's a really smart tip if you want to cut out about 1/2 the calories, much of the fat and still keep the great taste: DON'T FRY THEM. The only thing that the frying does is ma..." See moreke the shells crispy and add a whole lot of fat (1 cup oil is too much fat). You can get the same crunchiness by scooping out the potato shells and baking them in the oven for 45 minutes at 400 degrees. Then add the bacon and cheese and broil another 5 minutes (watch so the cheese doesn't burn). Trust me, why add the fat?"
"These were fabulous. DON'T FRY THEM!! I put the potatoes in the oven on 400 for about an hour. Then, scooped them out, sprayed the skins with pam, and stuck them back in the oven (425) for about 10-15..." See more minutes. Sprinkled with baco's and cheese for the last 2 minutes. Crispy and delicious."
"In an attempt to cut the fat and carbs in this recipe I baked my potatoes in the oven for one hour at 425 degrees. The skins got very crispy, then all I had to do was cut in half and scoop out the pul..." See morep. We used a little butter flavored spray, non fat sour cream and chives. Yummy without all the fat. Chivo is another alternative we find pretty tasty."
Twice Baked Potatoes
Yummy Potato Skins
Just swipe to see more like this.