Aunt Shirley's Dietetic Pie35 Reviews
“This is a sugar free fruit pie that is very good. I've served it before and no one guessed it was sugar free. You can use any kind of fruit you like. Apples, cherries or peaches work best.” - by Debbie
Original recipe yields 1 pie
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F (175 degrees C).
- Bring 3/4 cup water to a boil. In a small bowl, whisk together cornstarch and 1/4 cup cold water. Whisk this mixture into the boiling water. Reduce heat and stir until mixture is thickened, about 2 minutes. Remove from heat.
- Stir butter or margarine and aspartame into cornstarch mixture. Add cinnamon and nutmeg if desired. Mix well. Place fruit in a large bowl and pour aspartame mixture over fruit. Toss until fruit is thoroughly coated.
- Pour fruit into pastry lined pie pan. Cover with second pastry shell. Seal edges and cut steam vents in top.
- Bake in preheated oven for 45 minutes, until crust is golden brown.
Amount Per Serving (8 total)
- 233 cal
- 12.1 g
- 28.2 g
Based on a 2,000 calorie diet
Reviews (35)Rate This Recipe
"The apple pie was delicious and no-one guessed that it was sugar-free! I added a dash of ginger and used a bit more cinnamon and nutmeg and this worked out really well. Try it!..." See more"
"MY HUSBAND AND MY FATHER ARE DIABETIC AND THIS RECIPE IS WONDERFUL FOR THEM. I TOOK IT TO A FAMILY REUNION AND NOBODY GUESSED THAT IT WAS SUGARFREE. EVERYONE THAT HAS TRIED A SLICE OF THIS PIE, CAN'T ..." See moreGET ENOUGH OF IT."
"I used this recipe for Thanksgiving Day for the simple fact that I'm a borderline diabetic and I hate it when others get to eat pie and I can't. After the meal was over and all had their desserts...I ..." See morelooked around and the apple pie was gone and several were asking where I got the pie at and I told them that I made it and they said, "No Way!" So I would like to say Thank You for submitting this recipe and I truly recommend it to everyone."
Apple Crumb Pie
American Apple Pie
Just swipe to see more like this.