Easter Pie14 Reviews
“This recipe was given to me this past Easter by a wonderful lady. We don't wait until Easter to make and eat it!! One egg usually will do, but 2 may be necessary.” - by Jamie
Original recipe yields 2 pies
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F (175 degrees C). Roll out pastry to fit a 9 inch pie plate. Place bottom crusts in 2 pie plates. Roll out top crusts and set aside.
- Cut sausage into 1 inch pieces. Heat a skillet over medium heat and cook sausage until brown. Place sausage in a large bowl, and add hard cooked eggs, Cheddar cheese, Provolone cheese, Ricotta cheese, and parsley. Mix together and season to taste with salt and pepper.
- Add one raw egg to mixture. Mix well and check consistency - it should not be loose or runny, but should hold together well. Add one more raw egg if necessary.
- Spoon filling into 2 pastry-lined pie pans, and cover with other 2 pastry shells. Seal edges and cut steam vents in top. Brush top pastry with melted butter or margarine.
- Bake in preheated oven for 35 minutes, until golden brown.
Amount Per Serving (16 total)
- 449 cal
- 33.7 g
- 21.9 g
Based on a 2,000 calorie diet
Reviews (14)Rate This Recipe
"I was so excited to try this recipe, but dissappointed when I tasted it. I will say that unlike others, I did not find this difficult or time consuming at all--I thought it was super easy, with two l..." See moreittle ones underfoot no less! However, it is very bland and definitely needs to be perked up. More veggies, spices, or other flavoring? Maybe a good shot of tabasco? My other comment is that the recipe says it makes two pies. I followed the recipe exactly, and there did not seem to be enough filling for two, but I poured half in each pie shell hoping that like quiche it would puff up. It did not, so we ended up with two paltry flat pies. I would recommend to anyone who makes this to just use one, also to forget the top crust and just do it open faced as others have recommened otherwise it is just too crusty. I definitely will not make this again so now am still on a quest to find a good Easter pie."
"This was out of this world It is excellent it reminds me of the similar italian one, ham pie this is totally Dilicious. You get 5 STARS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!..." See more"
"This dish is really something. You will crave it. Even months after you eat it. I made it for Christmas morning breakfast and everyone was oohing and ahhing. Definatly a breakfast dish. Prep th..." See moree fist part the night before then put it in the pastry in the morning and bake. Not too much prep time if you cook well and are organized. I don't know what kids would think of it, but I gave it a 5 in that catagory too. "
Easter Grain Pie
Three Cheese and Onion Easter Egg Pie
Just swipe to see more like this.