Gooey Chocolate Carmel Bars9 Reviews
“This recipe combines dry German chocolate cake mix, butter and caramel to form a 2-layer bar” - by BEAN988
Original recipe yields 4 to 5 dozen
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F (175 degrees C).
- In a medium bowl, combine 1/2 cup of the butter with the cake mix and egg. Work the mixture with your hands until everything is well blended. The mixture will be crumbly. Press the mixture evenly into a 10 x15 inch jellyroll pan.
- Bake for 10 minutes in the preheated oven. Remove and cool for 10 minutes.
- In a saucepan , combine the remaining 1/2 cup of butter with the evaporated milk and caramels, over medium heat. Stir occasionally until smooth. Remove from heat and pour the mixture over the baked crust, turning the pan from side to side so that it is evenly coated.
- Return to the oven, and bake for 15 to 20 minutes, until it is bubbly all over. Cool and drizzle with icing. Allow icing to set before cutting into squares.
- To make the icing, stir together the confectioners' sugar with the water and vanilla until smooth. If the icing is too thick, add more water. If it is too thin, add more confectioners' sugar.
Amount Per Serving (60 total)
- 102 cal
- 4.4 g
- 15 g
Based on a 2,000 calorie diet
Reviews (9)Rate This Recipe
"This cake is so sweet I could feel my teeth rotting as I ate it!!! But hey, if you like it sweet this is the cake for you...." See more"
"I made these to take to a holiday gathering and they were a big hit. Everyone wanted the recipe. They were easy to make and delicious...." See more"
"I opted to make these without the icing since the others said they were really sweet and I also thought they would be good topped with vanilla ice cream. I have to say for as much butter and sugar as..." See more these have I would prefer something else. I just didn't find them all that exciting. I was a little disappointed that the carmel sauce wasn't all that carmelly tasting...it kind of just soaked into the cake part. "
Chocolate Caramel Brownies
Chocolate Oatmeal Bars
Just swipe to see more like this.