Chicken Enchiladas Suizas44 Reviews
- Prep: 30 min
- Cook: 1 hr
- Ready In: 1 hr 30 min
“I got this recipe years ago from a friend that got it from a friend. I have only given it out one time. I love cooking it for my friends and family. It does take time to make. but tastes great. They even taste better the next day. I usually double the whipping cream and chicken broth.” - by Molly
Original recipe yields 6 servings
- Bring a pot of lightly salted water to a rapid boil over medium-high heat. Add the chicken to the boiling water; cover. Cook 15 to 20 minutes; drain and set aside.
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F (175 degrees C). Lightly grease a 10x15 baking dish.
- Melt the butter in a skillet over medium heat. Cook the onion, green bell pepper, and red bell pepper in the melted butter until just soft, 5 to 8 minutes; transfer to a large bowl. Add the chicken, Cheddar cheese, green chile peppers, salsa, cilantro, cumin, and chipotle peppers to the bowl. Season with salt and pepper; mix.
- Place about 1/3 cup of the chicken mixture along the edge of a tortilla; roll tightly into a tube. Place the enchilada, seam-side down, into the prepared baking dish. Repeat until all the chicken mixture is used. Sprinkle Monterrey Jack cheese over the enchiladas. Whisk together the whipping cream and chicken broth in a small bowl; pour over the enchiladas. Cover the dish with aluminum foil.
- Bake in preheated oven 30 minutes. Remove foil and continue baking until cheese is completely melted, about 10 minutes.
Amount Per Serving (6 total)
- 992 cal
- 54.7 g
- 62.8 g
Based on a 2,000 calorie diet
Reviews (44)Rate This Recipe
"Got lazy and instead of making individual enchiladas, lined a large baking dish with corn tortillas (gluten-free), put the chicken mixture in, covered with more tortillas and covered witht the cheese..." See more and cream and baked it, it worked well."
"One way to thicken the sauce is to use sour cream instead of whipping cream...." See more"
"My friends and family have loved this recipe. I made it the first time with the recommended double serving of cream sauce. I definitely think that is necessary. The second time, I replaced a cup of..." See more heavy whipping cream with 8 oz of cream cheese. THAT was pretty amazing. It thickens things up a little and makes the whole dish just a little creamier. Try it!"
Chicken Enchiladas I
Easy Green Chile Chicken Enchiladas
Just swipe to see more like this.