Quick Cheeseburger Pie128 Reviews
- Prep: 20 min
- Cook: 30 min
- Ready In: 50 min
“For those nights when you want to try something new.” - by Krystel
Original recipe yields 8 servings
- Preheat oven to 425 degrees F (220 degrees C).
- To Make Pat-in-Pan Pastry: In a medium bowl, mix 1 1/3 cups flour and 1/2 teaspoon salt. Cut in shortening until mixture resembles tiny peas. Add cold water 1 tablespoon at a time, stirring with a fork after each addition. Mix lightly just until pastry almost cleans sides of bowl. Pat into bottom and sides of an 8 inch pie pan. Bake in preheated oven for 15 minutes.
- To Make Filling: Crumble ground beef into a large skillet and saute over medium heat for 1 minute. Add onion and garlic. Continue to saute until onion is browned, about 10 minutes. Drain grease from mixture.
- Sprinkle beef mixture with 1/2 teaspoon salt and 1/4 cup flour. Stir in pickle liquid, milk, pickles, and 1 cup shredded cheese. Spoon mixture into pastry shell.
- Bake in preheated oven for 15 minutes. Sprinkle top with remaining 1 cup cheese and bake an additional 5 minutes, until pastry is golden brown and cheese is bubbly.
Amount Per Serving (8 total)
- 466 cal
- 32.5 g
- 22.1 g
Based on a 2,000 calorie diet
Reviews (128)Rate This Recipe
"I love this recipe! Normally I pre-bake a pillsbury pie crust, then brown ground beef, onion and garlic until its no longer pink. I drain add in 1 TBS montreal steak seasoning (salt free), worsters..." See morehire sauce, black pepper, red pepper flakes and a small dash of salt. I add in 1/2 of a large block of velvetta cheese- cubed, 1 can rotella tomato and mild chilis, 6 dill stackers - diced, 1/4 cup flour, 1/4 milk and cook on the stove top till the cheese melts and it gets all gooey. I fill the pre-baked pie shell and top it with slices of Kraft American Singles, baking for about 10 minutes until the cheese on top melts. It's absolutely amazing! On occasion I will cut the pie crust into circles, put them into a greased muffin tin and pre-bake. I use about 2 TBS of the meat mixture for each "muffin". Instead of baking for 10 minutes I just broil till the cheese slices get brown and bubbly. I've also stuffed the meat mixture into the pie crust and made mini turn-overs - they're great with cocktails! Since the meat mixture is already cooked just follow your pie crust directions for turn overs -- about 6 minutes in a 425 degree oven."
"I used a pillsbury crust instead of making the pastry. And like other users have said, I also added a can of drained diced tomatoes and used cheddar cheese instead of swiss... There was nothing left...." See more My 2 kids and husband absolutely LOVES this dish. Will definitely be added to the rotation."
Herald's Impossibly Easy Cheeseburger Pie
Just swipe to see more like this.