Fresh Peach Cobbler I107 Reviews
“If you can't get fresh peaches use canned. Serve warm with milk, whipped cream, or vanilla ice cream!” - by Carolyn
Original recipe yields 6 servings
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees F (200 degrees C).
- To Make Peach Filling: In a large saucepan combine 1/2 cup sugar, cornstarch, and cinnamon. Stir in peaches and lemon juice, tossing until peaches are evenly coated.
- Cook filling over medium heat, stirring constantly until mixture thickens and boils. Boil 1 minute. Pour mixture into an ungreased 2 quart casserole dish. Keep mixture hot in oven while you make topping.
- To Make Topping: In a medium bowl combine flour, 1 tablespoon sugar, baking powder, and salt. Mix thoroughly, then cut in shortening until mixture looks like fine crumbs. Add milk and stir until mixture is evenly moistened.
- Remove peach filling from oven and drop dough onto peaches in 6 equal-size spoonfuls.
- Return cobbler to oven and bake 25 to 30 minutes or until topping is golden brown.
Amount Per Serving (6 total)
- 243 cal
- 7 g
- 42.5 g
Based on a 2,000 calorie diet
Reviews (107)Rate This Recipe
"Excellent! I took others advice and doubled the topping mix - glad I did because it's very good. I also used 5 big fresh peaches and baked in a 9" x 13" glass pan for 25 minutes...." See more"
"Needed more peaches than recipe called for. Also, I thought the dough recipe was a little too plain so I sprinkled the tops with cinnamon and sugar before baking. Better with ice cream...." See more"
"I made this for my in-laws and they just loved it!! I prepped all the dry ingredients and cut up the peaches prior to dinner. This made for quick preparation once the dinner dishes were done! The c..." See moreobbler part wasn't doughy at all and I added a little bit of cinnamon for a little extra kick! We put a little vanilla ice cream on it and it was heaven!"
Tina's Peach Cobbler
Peach Cobbler II
Just swipe to see more like this.