Savory Glazed Meatballs33 Reviews
“Tiny meatballs in a sweet-savory glaze of jelly and chili sauce make a festive hors d'oeuvre for a holiday party.” - by SMUCKER'S®
Original recipe yields 16 servings
- Combine first eight ingredients, mixing well; shape into 36 one-inch meatballs.
- Cook in oil over medium heat for 10 to 15 minutes or until browned. Drain on paper towels.
- Combine grape jelly and chili sauce in a large skillet. Cook over medium heat, stirring until well combined, about 3 minutes.
- Place cooked or thawed meatballs in a single layer in skillet coating each meatball evenly with sauce. Cover; simmer 10 minutes stirring occasionally, until sauce is bubbly and meatballs are heated through.
- Transfer glazed meatballs to a chafing dish or slow cooker. Serve with frilly toothpicks.
Amount Per Serving (16 total)
- 184 cal
- 7.7 g
- 23.2 g
Based on a 2,000 calorie diet
Reviews (33)Rate This Recipe
"I Have been making this recipe for years,yet much easier to buy frozen glazed meatballs (NOT ITALIAN) I believe its a 3 lb bag. Put into a crockpot add 1 jar Smucker concord grape jelly and 1 bottle B..." See moreennets chili sauce. You dont have to thaw the meat balls. The brand of Jelly is important. Have tried other brands and it makes a big Difference.cook on low about 4-5 hours. To speed it up you can also use alarge pan to get them heated faster then into a crock pot. We call them purple meatballs. I have yet to find anyone who does not like them , and there is never one meatball left. Give them a try...Enjoy!"
"When I made the sauce, I sauteed a sliced onion and a little fresh minced garlic in a little butter/evoo mix before adding the grape jelly and chili sauce. I swear, I can try different sauces for meat..." See moreballs and I always come back to this one. It's a classic and a winner because it's GOOD. Simple as that. Best with mashed potatoes."
"I needed a simple recipe to bring to a work party, and this is it! I used a jar of Smuckers grape jelly, and substituted the sweet chili sauce you find in the asian food section or chinese grocery st..." See moreore to make the sauce spicy. I heated the sauces on the stove first and poured the mixture over the frozen premade meatballs in the crock pot. I left them in the slow cooker on low for about 6-7 hours and the sauce was perfect. These got rave reviews at the party, everyone loved them! NOTE: I used italian style meatballs because that's what I had on hand, and I thought the recipe worked out great, I'm not sure why other reviewers were against it."
Cherry Glazed Ham
Thai Peanut Burgers
Just swipe to see more like this.