Cherry Glazed Ham12 Reviews
“Glazed with a sweet and spicy mixture of cherry, cinnamon, nutmeg and cloves, this roasted ham will take center stage on your holiday table.” - by SMUCKER'S®
Original recipe yields 10 servings
- Heat oven to 325 degrees F. Place ham on a rack in a shallow baking pan. Bake, uncovered, in a 325 degrees F oven about 1-1/2 hours (or until thermometer registers 140 degrees F).
- Meanwhile, in a saucepan combine the cherry preserves, vinegar, corn syrup, and spices. Cook and stir until boiling. Reduce heat; simmer two minutes.
- Stir in almonds. Remove from heat. Put 3/4 cup of the glaze to the side.
- About 15 minutes before the ham is done, spoon some of the remaining glaze over the ham, basting occasionally. Remove from oven; place on a heated serving platter.
- Stir the water into the reserved 3/4-cup glaze; heat and serve along with the ham.
Amount Per Serving (10 total)
- 1235 cal
- 86 g
- 26 g
Based on a 2,000 calorie diet
Reviews (12)Rate This Recipe
"Let me say, if I'm going to eat ham, I want to taste ham, not clove or pineapple or brown sugar ... just good ham. This glaze is awesome. I did not have any almonds, (don't think it would have added..." See more anything anyway), I used raspberry vinegar not red wine (what I had) and omitted the corn syrup (what that was for??). If this is too much "tampering" I'm sorry but this will now go on chickens, pork loin ... many things ... can't wait ... Thank you!!"
"This Glaze recipie is the most wonderful glaze I have ever tasted. I first used this recipe on Thanksgiving of 2007. Easy to prepare, and worth the taste. It will certainly make your ham the talk o..." See moref the party."
Savory Glazed Meatballs
Just swipe to see more like this.