Blue Ridge Blackberry Lemon Bars6 Reviews
“A layer of blackberry jam adds a sweet note to these lemony oat bars.” - by SMUCKER'S®
Original recipe yields 25 bars
- Heat oven to 325 degrees F. In a large mixing bowl toss together oats, flour, brown sugar, walnuts, cinnamon, nutmeg, lemon zest and salt until well blended.
- Sprinkle mixture with lemon juice, then with a pastry blender or two knives, cut in the butter pieces until mixture is crumbly.
- Spray a 9 x 13 inch baking pan with non-stick cooking spray.
- Reserve 2 cups of the oat mixture, then sprinkle remainder in pan, pressing with fingers to form a crust.
- Bake for about 10 minutes, or until set. Let cool slightly, then spread blackberry jam evenly over crust.
- Sprinkle evenly with reserved oat mixture, pressing down gently.
- Return to oven and bake for 15 to 20 minutes, or until crust is golden brown.
Amount Per Serving (25 total)
- 237 cal
- 10.9 g
- 33.5 g
Based on a 2,000 calorie diet
Reviews (6)Rate This Recipe
"Although these would be great as posted, I did make a few changes the second time around. I agree the lemon flavoring wasn't enough, so I added lemon juice to the jelly as well. I warmed it in the m..." See moreicrowave to make it easier to spread as well (a trick I learned from my sister in law!) This adds more lemon flavoring and it is easier to make! For an extra special touch, I added an easy frosting of powdered sugar mixed with lemon juice. This adds even more lemon flavor and a sweet note. Just be careful to wait for it to cool before drizzling the icing on!"
"This was very simple. Oat crumb bars are one of my most favorite desserts. I made only one change and used a cranberry-apple relish spread that I had on hand, as I had no strawberry. (All I had was ap..." See moreple butter for spread, and I didn't think it would have been AS good.) I did have to cook it longer than the recipe specified, I cooked it for about 22 minutes or until it was firm and the top was browned just a bit. I think I might chill it a bit and do as another reviewer did and make a frosting out of lemon juice and confectioners sugar and drizzle it over the top for more of a lemon flavor. TIP: If you used a cup of peanuts in the crust instead of walnuts and used the raspberry bread, you'd have a darn fine peanut butter and jelly bar."
"Nice little bars. I don't really taste the lemon, which is a bit disappointing, but they are pretty good bars. I halved the recipe and put in an 8x8 pan. Instead of blackberry jam, I used leftover ..." See moreSweet Blackberry and Brandy Sauce I made last weekend. It worked well as a subsitute. The bars seemed quite crumbly when I first pulled them out, so after they cooled I placed them in the fridge overnight and then cut them this afternoon. Cold, they were less crumbly and easy to cut. Thanks for the recipe!"
Chewy Red Raspberry Squares
Just swipe to see more like this.